Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Had lunch with BV yesterday in Denver. He seems like a nice enough guy for someone who thinks bikes are "fun".

Racing my first 10k this morning. My goals are: 1. Not to die. 2. Not come in last. We'll see how it goes.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Cold rainy day in western NY... weather killed my plans of riding today so I'm guessing it's time to catch up on my instant que on Netflix.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cool and rainy here in eastern NY too. Got in our final Friday night ride of the season last night. We're away next weekend and then it's daylight savings time so we'll have to switch to a weekend morning (we're the only ones with lights) but that's cool too. One week 'til Monkeyfest!!! Guess I should finish the menu and get ready to grocery shop.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Racing my first 10k this morning. My goals are: 1. Not to die. 2. Not come in last. We'll see how it goes.
w00t!! Good luck!

'Morning, monkeys! Hit the rail trail for a 13.2 mile run in the rain this morning. Of course, as soon as I got home the rain stopped and sun came out. FML. Put a down payment on a new Outback last night. Rockinroll.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in. yesterday wiped me out. flew from Oakland to Seattle, took a limo out to Bremerton and picked up a 88 year old Alzheimers patient. We drove back to Seattle for a flight to Oakland then a one hour drive to their new home.

I had to physically lift and carry them anytime we went from one seat to another. Going though the TSA security pat down in the wheelchair really freaked her out, it took me a while to get here to stop crying.

It was a very mentally demanding trip. I started at 6 am and dropped her off at 8:30 pm. The look on her face when I wheeled her into the new care facillity and all her kids and grandkids were there to welcome her was priceless. She had tears in her eyes and gave me a big hug as I was leaving. It was good day.

Last edited:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Moring monkeys , I took the dog for a walk this moring , put in a 29 road miles and all thats left for me to do today is work a little bit . Then I can watch college foosball all day and pesqueeb don't die !

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh it's SATURDAY! Thanks! :)

Just hanging out with the furry ones and child. Been brushing the last of the mud and wildness from Kona and gave her a foam bath, now she smells MUCH better.

Rainy here. Wondering if I should try to find a sitter so I can go ride for a few hours or just do some pilates or yoga inside. One thing is for sure... I need some exercise today!

Snow!!!!
View attachment 108018
It's been snowing here in Western NC all morning! Its only accumulating at the top of the mountain though. The picture is from a friend that lives at the top of the mountain.
Whhhhat? SNOW?? :eek::eek::eek:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Unofficially finished with 1:00:34. At least thats what I saw going through the finish line. Whats running etiquette passing on single track? Fools would not get the fvck out of the way. :mad:

Rode Lefthand Reservior to Jamestown yesterday. Still knackered this morning. South St Vrain trail is fun.
If your still wiped out, I think I'm glad I had other stuff going on.
BULLSH*T! Winter can fvck off. I don't care what SS says.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Second weekend with a sick kid but at least it seems like its tapering off now and I have gotten him to sleep a really long nab which may just turn into a really long night sleep hopefully. Little guy have had no appetite for a week now. Hopefully I will get a ride tomorrow in the cold fall weather so I can see how my hamstring is doing.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
spent the day at nashua fire house with my something or other im related to, to see if i would be interested in working in the fire department after highschool/2 year collage. seems exactly like i expected it to be and im most likely going to persue that as a future career. tomorrow im gonna film for the day and make a edit :thumb:.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
spent the day at nashua fire house with my something or other im related to, to see if i would be interested in working in the fire department after highschool/2 year collage. seems exactly like i expected it to be and im most likely going to persue that as a future career. tomorrow im gonna film for the day and make a edit :thumb:.
bust your ass in school, get your EMT then Paramedic Cert and AA in Fire Science. Go to a fire academy. If you can hook on with a volunteer dept until you can hook up with a paid dept so much the better