Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sup. Little tinkering with the DJ bike, then off to mess around on it for a bit.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I need to shave. Been a week and a half, I think.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Used a Dremel for the first time. Did a good job. Fixing a rusting heating pipe. This is the 3rd og 4th time I have had to do it. So stupid I did not hide the pipe in the wall and install radiant heating in the floor.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dog wanted oyt this morning, came back in with half inch of snow on his coat. Just a dusting but had some good coverage.

Gonna buy the lady a bra to go with her dress, and buty myself a bottle of johnny walker black

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went boarding today. 4" on the ground and heavy snow the whole time.

Out of town drivers are pitiful. I caught up to a rental going over the pass to WP doing 15mph down. The first four of us behind him all passed when it was clear to (a no passing zone) and continued on our way. I was dressed and walking away from my car when the car that was behind me pulled in. That means it took 15 minutes more to get down. That's how long it normally takes...

I passed another going home doing the same thing but going up the pass. Five of us managed to squeak by in the passing lane (really ishtty conditions) and take off. Even with getting caught behind a plow (which gave us a wave by to pass) and sitting at the on ramp light for 5 minutes, I still didn't see them.

I don't drive recklessly in bad conditions, but to have that much time built over 5 miles is ridiculous. People really need to pull off and let others by.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Went boarding today. 4" on the ground and heavy snow the whole time.

Out of town drivers are pitiful. I caught up to a rental going over the pass to WP doing 15mph down. The first four of us behind him all passed when it was clear to (a no passing zone) and continued on our way. I was dressed and walking away from my car when the car that was behind me pulled in. That means it took 15 minutes more to get down. That's how long it normally takes...

I passed another going home doing the same thing but going up the pass. Five of us managed to squeak by in the passing lane (really ishtty conditions) and take off. Even with getting caught behind a plow (which gave us a wave by to pass) and sitting at the on ramp light for 5 minutes, I still didn't see them.

I don't drive recklessly in bad conditions, but to have that much time built over 5 miles is ridiculous. People really need to pull off and let others by.
I had a guy in a mini van doing that on 4 a few years back but he was intentionally going slow and blocking in the passing lanes. I managed to get past and the willys pick up behind me had monster bush bars. The van tried to swing left to block him and the guy in the Willys turned right rammed the van mid body and slammed him into the snow bank, backed up flipped him off and drove on. I was in tears when I waved the Willys past me

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had a guy in a mini van doing that on 4 a few years back but he was intentionally going slow and blocking in the passing lanes. I managed to get past and the willys pick up behind me had monster bush bars. The van tried to swing left to block him and the guy in the Willys turned right rammed the van mid body and slammed him into the snow bank, backed up flipped him off and drove on. I was in tears when I waved the Willys past me
Same basic today. A truck stuck in the line was constantly drifting left and either forcing the passing car towards incoming traffic or for them to hit the brakes, which is even more dangerous. After the two cars ahead of me passed, I think he realized that what he was doing was going to cause an accident, so he relented. Scary nonetheless.