Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Fifteen degrees or so, blowing a snotter and snowing sideways. And I'm on call. Real life.

Just mounted a Surly Bud tire on the Moonlander's front wheel and screwed in 120 #1000 Grip Studs. I have a broken blister the size of a dime on my right palm from using the manual installation tool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I went by the bike shop today to have the headset removed from my frame. The mechanic was having some trouble getting out the top cup. I reminded him that yetis have a weird lip on the head tube that makes it difficult to remove the headset. He was struggling and give it so good hits once the tool had some bite. And everything went bad. The tool punctured the top tube.

he will be calling Yeti Monday morning to get a replacement. Given that I am selling the frame to pay for my carbon this works out perfectly. I asked him if he can get a large front triangle has a replacement. He will see what he can do, but either way I walk away with an almost new bike to sell.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went by the bike shop today to have the headset removed from my frame. The mechanic was having some trouble getting out the top cup. I reminded him that yetis have a weird lip on the head tube that makes it difficult to remove the headset. He was struggling and give it so good hits once the tool had some bite. And everything went bad. The tool punctured the top tube.

he will be calling Yeti Monday morning to get a replacement. Given that I am selling the frame to pay for my carbon this works out perfectly. I asked him if he can get a large front triangle has a replacement. He will see what he can do, but either way I walk away with an almost new bike to sell.
Wut the wat?? Man that sucks.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

If you end up getting a large front triangle I'm interested. Keep me posted.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also, I rode today. It was sweet. I'm going to do that again tomorrow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My daughter turns one on Monday, so we threw her a party today.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you end up getting a large front triangle I'm interested. Keep me posted.
Will do.

Wut the wat?? Man that sucks.
As long as they are paying for it is all that I care.

Stoney hit the jackpot, Stoney hit the jackpot:weee::weee::weee:
This is the second time I've had a warranty/replacement "issue" when I went to sell a frame only to walk away with a new front triangle. If I can get the large, that would be a second for that too. It makes selling SO much easier vs. the wookie bike.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If they have and are willing to ship a medium front triangle, talk to me.
You need to tell me these things in advance.

Med or large, as long as it's not an XL you'll both be hearing from me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the only time it pays to be wookie sized is when you're looking for a used frame on ebay.....they go cheaper than the medium and large it seems.
Exactly. I'm having trouble even finding ANY large frames available either new or on the major resale sites. So there is clearly an unmet demand.