Quantcast

>>>Saturday GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
nothing but Dialysis transports all morning. yep working 7 straight days:think::think: gotta pay for all the work on my car somehow. Got all the tire rod and A arm bushings in the front end replaced and an alignment done. new tires this afternoon

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Say hello to my new DH road bike. Did a fitting this week and seat was moved back a lot and up so I have to put a short stem on. Need to get a new seat post. Looks kind of funky but lets hope its comfortable to ride

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got all the tire rod and A arm bushings in the front end replaced and an alignment done. new tires this afternoon
That sounds familiar, let me guess - a Volvo? ;)

We are getting another 8-10" of white stuff today, this time with a Blizz warning. :rant: Why did I move to New England? :think:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Parents are visiting. Panic!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That sounds familiar, let me guess - a Volvo? ;)

We are getting another 8-10" of white stuff today, this time with a Blizz warning. :rant: Why did I move to New England? :think:
Funny thing my 2007 XC70 had some of that when I bought it. I have now driven more miles than when I got it but not had any problems. I guess it also depends on how you drive.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Funny thing my 2007 XC70 had some of that when I bought it. I have now driven more miles than when I got it but not had any problems. I guess it also depends on how you drive.
... and where. Here in Potholechussets, my 2000 S80 was eating tie rods faster than tires, and engine mount bushings. I managed to crack a wheel, too. Last year when at 225k miles, a total failure of the ECU + a few other annoying issues (locks going to hell, tranny giving up the ghost again, etc.) just made me throw it off a cliff and get something nicer in snow. It was a fun car but I won't be getting a Volvo again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
... and where. Here in Potholechussets, my 2000 S80 was eating tie rods faster than tires, and engine mount bushings. I managed to crack a wheel, too. Last year when at 225k miles, a total failure of the ECU + a few other annoying issues (locks going to hell, tranny giving up the ghost again, etc.) just made me throw it off a cliff and get something nicer in snow. It was a fun car but I won't be getting a Volvo again.
Massachusetts roads are spectacular. Go to Connecticut sometime, worst roads and drivers completely incapable of navigating them... Or Albany NY. Everything is falling apart and in a state of perpetual construction...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Turns out I'm not such a bad mechanic. Bike is running again, well, but I didn't manage to pull off the modification I was going for. I think I'm going to blame the materials....

Pooped and sitting on the couch. Debating on having a Heifferweisen(sp?) or some bourbon.