Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran 20.5 miles this morning at 8:23 pace. God damn have I been running a sh!t-ton of miles. I am feeling tired and beat to hell. Five weeks until I tear the cover off my marathon. Looking forward to getting out on the road bike tomorrow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What are you looking at?
This. Ridgeline? Dually? Something in between? Why does she want a truck?

I had the joy of driving back from this morning's rehearsal in rain strong enough to cause mild hydroplaning in the truck tire grooves even at a flat 60 mph. Traffic was and remains stop and go over a solid 10 mile or so stretch of northbound I-5 extending from south of Seattle (where I live) to well north of the city itself. Ugh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I rode Hall Ranch for the first time yesterday. Super fun, can't wait to go back.

Shuttled DH trails today. :rockout:

I see lots and lots of food in my immediate future.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Bastid. Going to test drive trucks today. :mad:

Then soccer.

Lots of soccer.
you killed the mini van?

if your boys are anywhere near as tall as i think your hippie ass is they won't be comfortable in the backseat....

and beware....those twin turbo V6 engines don't last long.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
you killed the mini van?
Nope. 200K miles and still going... strong(?). :D Got new plates for it's milestone.

if your boys are anywhere near as tall as i think your hippie ass is they won't be comfortable in the backseat....
Have you seen those new SuperCrews? The back seats are ENORMOUS. We took a buddy's to Moab - 5 of us and there was tons of room in the back seat.

Oh - we got the 60/40 front bench, too... so we can get 6 in it.

and beware....those twin turbo V6 engines don't last long.
EcoBoost. Heh. How about a plain old 5.0L V8? No twin turbo for moi. Hell - I lobbied for crank windows. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
that's good on the engine.

i'd expect nothing less from you on the windows.
The way I see it - you're getting "really good" mileage and more power in exchange for a $12K repair of some sort when it's at 120K miles. Which really blows the gas savings...

When the Odyssey's power sliding doors go tits up I'm gonna ask how much to turn them into manual doors.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The way I see it - you're getting "really good" mileage and more power in exchange for a $12K repair of some sort when it's at 120K miles. Which really blows the gas savings...

When the Odyssey's power sliding doors go tits up I'm gonna ask how much to turn them into manual doors.
120K is being way generous.....by about 80K.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My brother beats the crap out of his 07. Its holding up pretty good. Noisy as phug. Dogs and kids have destroyed the interior. Brakes suck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I rode Hall Ranch for the first time yesterday. Super fun, can't wait to go back.

Shuttled DH trails today. :rockout:

I see lots and lots of food in my immediate future.
Dude. I wish I knew you were heading up that way. One day we'll have to go over Heil, up Hall, then back over Heil.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Are you mad because I forgot to use a smiley?
very!

it was a 2012 or 2013.....and it was actually on its third.....see above post....seems ford finally found the problem.

has jackson been swept away by the slow moving landslide yet?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We were thinking Super Duty... but F**K are those things retardedly huge. So common sense prevails and we're gonna go with an F150.
I hope you're getting a hell of a deal now that the aluminum new one is announced. I heard of someone getting $17k? Or the like off msrp on a new F-150.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
two Words

Diesel Engine

More power and better fuel consumption under load than gas

Yeah - except all your fuel savings are gobbled up by the $15K premium they want for the diesel, not to mention the fuel being significantly more expensive.

That and we'll be hauling a few kids around with bikes... not trailers full of $hit. A diesel would be a waste for us.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I hope you're getting a hell of a deal now that the aluminum new one is announced. I heard of someone getting $17k? Or the like off msrp on a new F-150.
Heh. That was probably one of those $65,000 top-end ones. Who the f**k does $hit like that?

I contemplated going with the rubberized flooring instead of carpet. You know... because kids. :D