Quantcast

Saturday GMT

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin folks! For some reason my body woke me up at 3 am and after laying there for 40 minutes trying to get back to sleep I gave up. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I foresee a nap in my future. Perhaps I'll take advantage of the extra day granted to me and start building my new toobless wheels!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Coffee, so heart burn later I'm sure. I slept like poop last night so I suspect a nap is also in my near future. Actually got out and rode a mountain bike yesterday, it was fun so I may do it again. Though I was horribly disappointed in 1: how the squids have sanitized damn near every feature in Palmer Park, and 2: how many trails "Friends of Palmer Park" have closed off.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm in ur hospitalz reading ur cat 'n dog scans and such. Halfway through last weekend on call as a fellow!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Had a great night without the family last night. Sq-Earl & Syd spent the night in Battleship Cove and Alex had a sleepover with my folks so it was just me and the dog. We played a little and hung out and then I headed to the neighbor's house for some wine & cards. Kids played at our local "Maple in April" festival this morning. Jazz band at 10am when it's 40 and raining was tough, but they got better as we played and it was a great "warm-up" for our concert on Wednesday.

Now, I'm making a big pot roast with pan roasted veggies and a banana cream trifle for my brother's birthday. Matt is the most special gift in my life so I will literally do anything to make his day brighter (for those of you who don't know him, Matt has Cerebral Palsy with complications and was never expected to walk, be able to communicate and not expected to live past 8...today he turns 34 and he is able to walk & communicated--limited--with us). :weee:

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
today is one of the best days of my parenting life. my oldest (3.5 y.o.) decided he was ready to try his pedal bike. He's been on a run bike since he was 1.5, but felt he wasn't ready for the pedal bike yet. When I got home from work yesterday, he said he was ready, I put him on gave him a shove and off he went! He took to it like a fish to water. No training wheels, can get himself going on his own as of today, and has even figured out how to use his brake! I'm so friggin stoked.

on a much sadder note, our immediate neighbour, who was always good with the kids and would come out to chat and watch them play is succumbing to cancer. they have stopped giving her the IV with nutrients and are just managing pain. I hate that fvcking disease. it robs you of your dignity and your humanity. she won't be coming home, and we will all miss her. Her son is in first year university and in exams right now. He seems very reluctant to talk so we don't force the issue, but we feel very deeply for him. cancer sucks. one of my best friends is in the same situation right now with his mom. it is such a rotten way to go. when my dad passed away, it was sudden and quick. I never got a chance to say goodbye, he never got a chance to meet my wife or my children. but at least he was spared the idignity of withering away and a prolonged period of pain. i know people who have survived cancer, my mom and the wife of a good friend, and another close neighbour. it is all so random how it progresses. I don't know where I'm going with this, just rambling, trying to make sense of it all.

Treesaw, I'm so happy for you and your brother. May you enjoy life to the fullest and enjoy the gifts we are given.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The guys who put up the walls in my new place did a fantastic job. Just needs paint. Uptown bitches...
Furniture shopping and moving in next. I am so happy.