Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good mornin'

80 here today. big demo happening tomorrow. I'm tempted to take a Mach 6 for a spin.

that is all.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tubeless round 2 great success!

Got the crap scared outta me last night. We were out walking the dog off leash and he goes off to sniff as dogs will do. I turn around and he's face to face with a healthy sized coyote. They seemed more curious about each other than anything but the pup ran him off anyway.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Heading to Edwards for soccer. Supposed to be 70* up there. Really wish I could take my bike and do some riding in Eagle. :(

Ordered tailgate pad and some tubeless stems... gonna convert the rear tire all ghetto with gorilla tape 'n' $hit. All I can say is I'd better not be tempted to throw puppies... :mad:

Last edited:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Morning , I dusted off the dh bike and put in some runs today . Now I just have to change the tires on my dh bike to specialized butcher tires . Because Nick was bragging how awesome they are and I have to find out for myself . Have a good 1

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My first long road ride of the year. 70 miles and some good hills to get through. I am tired. Got some nasty saddel sore. I got my first fitting this year and I think its due to the seat going up with almost an inch.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

Pissing down rain most of the day today, because Seattle. Got $550 worth of scheduled and $350 worth of unscheduled maintenance done on the Land Cruiser, went to Little Gym with wife and kid, made a 280 lb but bulky dump run in the mother in law's SUV (fish tank detritus), and even had some time to shoot a photo or two of my baby.

I'm riding in Eastern Washington tomorrow to avoid the rain. :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Getting ready to leave for vacation. Wifey's mom is watching Haley. Five days in the Dominican Republic with no baby, ftw.

Wifey is giving me hell about being heavy again. Got back up to 240# while we were on vacation in SoCal and not being able to workout with Wifey traveling for work. My boss is letting me switch to a midday shift to work around Wifey's travel, so I'll be able to workout in the morning now.

With free mornings, I'll be more able to get in a workout daily and get in more rides to work. She said that if I start training for tri again and get to the point of being able to do a half, I can get a true tri bike for it. That's good bribery to me. Im always down for a new bike. My round trip for work is about 30 miles, so if I can make it happen, I can hopefully get in about 100+ miles per week just commuting.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What's the status on the California defection, stoney?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What's the status on the California defection, stoney?
Still up in the air. My boss has gone super flexible with my schedule, as they don't want me to leave. We still have a lot of questions about Great West though. Our benefits for the most part look meh at best. One week less time off, worse match, no pension, but better insurance. We still have no idea how comp will change though.

All that goes into whether we stay or not.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes, get a tri bike

I think you missed the part about crashing so bad last fall that I am now almost 1" shorter and am still having neck issues. DH is done for me. Hell, it scared me enough that I finally got off my ass and bought a life insurance policy. That's why I sold the SB66a and all my DH parts for the SB66c with trail bike spec. More uphill. Fun downhill, but more uphill.

Also, I raced tri for a few years while I was working in a tri shop and was decent at it. This is not a 'hey let's try something new' situation.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
for what it's worth, I was following Stoney for this crash ... it was pretty spectacular! :D

(and I obviously wouldn't be joking if he wasn't mostly alright)

I believe your description involved "hitting a landmine".