Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a great time yesterday. Put in 25 miles on the MTB in the morning then headed over to the GF's sister's house. They always have the best booze, and being that the food was cooked by a chef (her brother), that's always top notch as well. Stayed up way too late drinking tequila and got dragged out of bed way too early by the dogs. Such is life.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am laaazyyy today, but I'll do some riding in the evening. Yesterday the rain and cool air was nice, now we are back to heat and Sun.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm feeling absolutely bagged today. Went for a quick ride earlier and screwed up just about every turn and hit every 5th tree. I even clipped someone's bike rack in the parking lot with my handle bars. What the hell :(

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
How did the inspection go, Adventurous?

I got in late the night of the 4th. The parents' 212k mile Prius blew something in its gas motor while on I-70--yes, I picked I-70 ultimately--and dealing with getting back to cell phone reception land, summoning AAA, and moving the Prius's contents both human and baggage into the already loaded Land Cruiser (+ car trailer) took an extra hour and a half.

I-70 itself was great until on the Denver side of the tunnel. Very strong rain, standing water causing splashes up over my Land Cruiser's roof, and poorly lit and marked lanes. At probably 12k GVW I was in 2nd gear for a good portion going both up and then down...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I got in late the night of the 4th. The parents' 212k mile Prius blew something in its gas motor while on I-70--yes, I picked I-70 ultimately--and dealing with getting back to cell phone reception land, summoning AAA, and moving the Prius's contents both human and baggage into the already loaded Land Cruiser (+ car trailer) took an extra hour and a half.

I-70 itself was great until on the Denver side of the tunnel. Very strong rain, standing water causing splashes up over my Land Cruiser's roof, and poorly lit and marked lanes. At probably 12k GVW I was in 2nd gear for a good portion going both up and then down...
That is quite the gnarly hill going up and down. And in some spots there isn't really anywhere to pull over...

Good to hear you made it, mostly without incident! So did the Prius chug on for a bit or just come to a halt?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Great training for trips out into the tules. Welcome to CO!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Mission Ridge. But we messed up right at the start and added about 7 miles.

My drivetrain sounded like a coffee grinder full of sand by the end of the day.
Nice. You climbed the road I assume? Wrong turns add up to serious elevation gain. The last time I rode MR/DG I bonked on the climb and rode the last 7 miles of trail descent on a flat, wondering who was going to find my cat chewed corpse. good times!

A river float should soak the pain away.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That is quite the gnarly hill going up and down. And in some spots there isn't really anywhere to pull over...

Good to hear you made it, mostly without incident! So did the Prius chug on for a bit or just come to a halt?
Prius gave a death rattle then my mom pulled it over immediately, and rightfully so. We doubled back after I noticed she wasn't in my rear view mirror a mile later, then drove back in to Salinas, UT to summon the AAA troops.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Awesome, thanks for asking. The guy noted a few small things but he seemed surprised at how clean everything looked. So unless the radon results come back looking bad we will just be asking for some small concessions.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Nice. You climbed the road I assume? Wrong turns add up to serious elevation gain. The last time I rode MR/DG I bonked on the climb and rode the last 7 miles of trail descent on a flat, wondering who was going to find my cat chewed corpse. good times!

A river float should soak the pain away.
Yeah, just the road. We were with some less climbing inclined people in our party. I'm amazed we all made it. But in all honesty, if the trails were as loose going up as they were on the way down, I doubt I would have made it. It was a dust bowl. Sucked the energy out of every pedal stroke instantly. Not great for the morale.

We were quick to dunk our heads in the river/creek at the lot and crack a beer after guzzling a liter of water each.

We went back to Bellingham on Sunday for a rip down unemployment line and some other fun trail. Also after some failed navigation.... Bed is gonna feel good tonight.