Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Last outdoor pool swim lesson of the summer. Costco run, revisiting a model home (with net zero energy option!), and dinner at a local bacon-focused place this evening since the father in law is in town.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Olympic length is tomorrow. Definitely have some nerves today. The start is at 7, so I will be getting up at a bright and early 445am to get there with time for prep. The course is pretty hilly, rolling 150-200 foot hills for 26 miles. Far more hilly that I expected. Shooting for 2:50 which is a reasonable time. I will try for faster, but I don't want to blow up on the run.
A friend from work will be there as he will be supporting a former colleague. Nice to have more than just Wifey and Haley cheering me on. Off to bed. Hopefully I can sleep...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Olympic length is tomorrow. Definitely have some nerves today. The start is at 7, so I will be getting up at a bright and early 445am to get there with time for prep. The course is pretty hilly, rolling 150-200 foot hills for 26 miles. Far more hilly that I expected. Shooting for 2:50 which is a reasonable time. I will try for faster, but I don't want to blow up on the run.
A friend from work will be there as he will be supporting a former colleague. Nice to have more than just Wifey and Haley cheering me on. Off to bed. Hopefully I can sleep...
gfl stoney.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Barely slept. I finished at right around 3 hours (forgot to turn my watch off). Didn't eat enough on the bike and bonked the run. Legs are VERY sore right now. Hamstrings hate me.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Warm up those hamstrings, lie on your back and use a towel around my leg lifting it 90 degrees or close as possible from my torso. I do that 10 repeating turns, switch legs into the other. Post that after I flip on my belly and pull my feet to my butt crack and do it ten turns. Doing each turn 10 seconds long gives me enough strength it feels good. Good riddance it's Sunday, I like stretching up my toes.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's not from a lack of stretching. It's from the 3 hours of self abuse and lack of salt. I realize now that I forgot salt tabs.