Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
18* and headed out on a ride.
Yesterday was maiden voyage on the new nomad and hook has been set.
This bike is amazing.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I had midnight munchies and made pancake in a cup in the microwave. I slept like it wasn't worth much and applied toward a new job. Going to farmside for hay that'll feed the goats. I've been riding relentlessly imagine taking off one day but I can do it again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally the weekend. Today is the first day that I haven't woken up to panic phone calls and emails from work.

Lets recap; on Wednesday I got a call from our finance department that they had purged all of the accounts payable data from our ERP system. I find a KB article on said situation that basically says I am SOL. Had to get the storage team involved to mount a snapshot of the virtual machine. Got that sorted, it only took about 5 hours.

Yesterday, during the roll over of the database in the finance department's general ledger database, there was an error. Restored the database to a backup from earlier in the day, only to find out that the backup was bad. Yep, lets get the storage team involved again. Yadda yadda yadda, get the database files restored from backup, restore the database in the sql server. NOPE. All the pointers in the database are wrong. Luckily we had a script to fix this.

/endrant

Long week. So yes, today is hoon the car and beer day. Today is also the first day that I have seen the sun in at least 4 days.

High fives to all!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my problem at night....

brain: i see you're trying to sleep, can i offer a selection of your worst memories from the last 10 years

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Loft is right near the nightlife area of town. Which is fine. I am isolated enough from it as I need to be. However I have one friend that gets drunk and tries to use my house as a crash pad when he doesn't want to drive home to the suburbs. I explained to him today that he needs to find other options before he can't drive home. His wife called and thanked me for that....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice bike @dan-o which setup did you build it with?
Built from frame up.
Blue frame, all black parts.
Xo1, enve/king wheels and DH bar, KS Integra, RF atlas pedals (awesome), guide rsc brakes, king HS and bb, magic Mary front/Rock razor rear, monarch and 36, cromag DM ring, Thomson stem, Devo saddle, etc.

29# xl frame

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wow @dan-o baller build!

Make sure to get the under bar remote for the KS Integra or make one out of a right shifter its so much better.
It is crazy, total dentist build.
Sold my old carbon nomad and v10c to build it and thankfully have hook-ups as well.
Fits like a glove (finally, not easy when you're 6'4) and digging the 27.5
I've had every generation nomad and this one pedals the best by a long shot (running shock wide open).
BB is crazy low though but that's easy enough to adjust to.

Using an old crank brothers remote for now until the under bar is readily available.
KS not liking the cold, my old reverb was better in that regard.

Not sure if monarch will last or be ditched for DBa eventually.
Nothing works well in these temps so I don't have a feel for it yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Built from frame up.
Blue frame, all black parts.
Xo1, enve/king wheels and DH bar, KS Integra, RF atlas pedals (awesome), guide rsc brakes, king HS and bb, magic Mary front/Rock razor rear, monarch and 36, cromag DM ring, Thomson stem, Devo saddle, etc.

29# xl frame
#%1problems :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
It is crazy, total dentist build.
Sold my old carbon nomad and v10c to build it and thankfully have hook-ups as well.
Fits like a glove (finally, not easy when you're 6'4) and digging the 27.5
I've had every generation nomad and this one pedals the best by a long shot (running shock wide open).
BB is crazy low though but that's easy enough to adjust to.

Using an old crank brothers remote for now until the under bar is readily available.
KS not liking the cold, my old reverb was better in that regard.

Not sure if monarch will last or be ditched for DBa eventually.
Nothing works well in these temps so I don't have a feel for it yet.
Ha you know the Monarch will go be honest man :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today I learned that all carwashes have crazy long lines on the first nice weekend day after extended nasty weather. I gave up and came home, both cars still unwashed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I like my cars clean inside and out, even if it's a bit of a futile battle in the winter.