Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Thought a late-nite phone was another call to me to be a shuttle from the bars. No more. Walking away and not turning back.
I live in the popular bar zone late night area. People that know me, know that I don't like late night crashers. Yet not a week goes by that I don't get a late night visit of some sort. It is somehow my responsibility as a friend to safeguard them because they drank to much and can't safely get home? Then they come over drink all my koolaid and then go all Rick James with their shoes on my couch.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Had to get up at ericstrt6-like hours to film a tv interview for work. Fortunately I was home and back in bed before 7.
Looking forward to sun and 50s today and getting in a ride after lunch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i can scratch seeing someone at the rymann auditorium off the bucket list....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
went out for dinner with the wife and her mother. mom complained about the food and the noise. she is such the pill. I retreated to the mobile man cave when we got home. She is here until Sunday so I am going Kayaking all day with some friends, working Sunday.....minimizing contact is a good thing

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going ice fishing for the first time. Wish I had some prescription sun glasses, I'm definitely going to go blind.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Going ice fishing for the first time. Wish I had some prescription sun glasses, I'm definitely going to go blind.
It's blindingly bright here today in Denver. 55 degrees? with snow on the ground and lot of sun.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Having a brewery next to the dog swimming place is great for their business, bad for me. Took the dogs for a swim then somehow ended up several beers deep, crushing food at the food truck. After a good nap it is now 5:30 and I'll probably spend the rest of my night watching The Wire.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turned out to be fairly over cast today. Good times were had. Though we only caught 3 fish haha.

We even managed to jimmydean the snowmobile into a ditch, about ten feet down the road from the truck....right infront of this big family walking off the lake. Great start!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Mom called. Dad had a heart attack today while playing pick up hockey. He's 65 and in pretty good shape. I talked to him a bit. They put a couple stents in, and one of the two blockages opened up of it's own accord before he got to the hospital which helped to limit the damage a lot, but still, fuck. I need a beer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mom called. Dad had a heart attack today while playing pick up hockey. He's 65 and in pretty good shape. I talked to him a bit. They put a couple stents in, and one of the two blockages opened up of it's own accord before he got to the hospital which helped to limit the damage a lot, but still, fuck. I need a beer.
Beer is on me. Hope everything is okay over there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Damn dude, sorry to hear about that.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry about your Dad HAB. If he was strong enough to have fun like that I am sure he can rebound.

I was in Central Park ice skating and playing in the snow with my youngest son. Fun times but I want the snow to go away so the mtb get some use again

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went through the very same thing with my dad last summer. Having a heart attack is a life changing event and he had to do cardiac rehab. My advise is to encourage him to go to the rehab classes. Not only will they educate him on the heart, diet, proper exercise, but he will be with a group of his peers. HA patients tend to develop a sense of vulnerability and depression. Cardiac rehab helps patients cope while they recover.

My dad's brother was recently required by his employer to get a stress test last week. As a result, they discovered blocked arteries and performed a quadruple bypass on Thursday. His arteries were so clogged that he probably would have had a massive heart attack any day.

My dad is a fitness freak who doesn't drink or smoke. My uncle on the other hand is diabetic, drinks heavily, smokes, and doesn't exercise. So it looks like this is a hereditary condition. The good news for me is that I don't have to worry about having enough money saved for retirement.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Best wishes to your dad, HAB.

I performed in a band concert tonight. It was ok. I may look for a different group next year: closer and ideally better, too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My grandfather got a massive heart attack in his 60s (he was lucky - he was tied to an EKG machine when it happened so they were able to save him), he died last year in his 90s from pneumonia. Even with a heart condition you can live a long and happy life so don't burn through that retirement pot of gold just yet.