Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Met a great young woman this winter. Felt we'd knew each other almost forever, instead a few months. Saw her off, helped her pack, didn't mention a card for her Birthday with her things - wrote she made a lasting impression on me, was glad to have gotten to know her. Shared a couple of hugs, but I doubt I will see her again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Met a great young woman this winter. Felt we'd knew each other almost forever, instead a few months. Saw her off, helped her pack, didn't mention a card for her Birthday with her things - wrote she made a lasting impression on me, was glad to have gotten to know her. Shared a couple of hugs, but I doubt I will see her again.
Was she going home on the bone train?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Might actually be able to go ride some singletrack today for the first time in nearly 3 months...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
might go to a mall and punch random people in the back of the head.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Think I still have teh Ebola. Up half the night with cough/runny nose. This one is an ass kicker.
I, too, am still harboring teh Ebola. Felt better last night but not this morning. Sore throat in spades. Good thing my music is easy for tomorrow's Easter gig, as I haven't touched a trumpet since last week's Palm Sunday gig. Ugh.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Rode in a downpour yesterday to test out my long awaited warranty replacement XTR trail brakes. The fancy 9000 series ones I've been waiting for since November last year.

Pretty sure they're doing the same thing the last set did.

Not the awesome experience I ws hoping for.

Party for the eldest son today. Turning the big 3 later this week. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Eye surgery (not gender reassignment, not at all) next week, so hopefully I'll get to sneak out for another ride or 2 in the evenings this weekend...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Omelette. Coffee. I'm riding bikes.

What's the riding like close by if you live just south of Denver?
Any where in particular? "Just south" & SW there is plenty of semi-boring dirt trail to ride for mileage and plenty of really good riding 10-20 drive south and west.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the new waffle Iron back to Target. Got a new one. Its Red. It doesn't smell funny like the last one. Which I suppose is good. Front tire is phugged. Put a Vertical pro non ust and it went on to easy. Other then the grommet thing Mavic 819 rims are awesome.

Tire went flat after 10 minutes. Sidewalk back home.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sounds like time for a visit to the bong shed.

Heading out looking for a beaver trap. We have a nuisance beaver killing apple trees like crazy (35+ trees in a week!) I was thinking about the jaw traps but killing by drowning did not go over well with my spouse. May look into conibear traps next. I tried to get a live trap and relocate the fucker but the state fish/wildlife people shat all over that idea.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, that ride was awesome (down) and completely demoralizing (up) at the same time!

Sounds like time for a visit to the bong shed.

Heading out looking for a beaver trap. We have a nuisance beaver killing apple trees like crazy (35+ trees in a week!) I was thinking about the jaw traps but killing by drowning did not go over well with my spouse. May look into conibear traps next. I tried to get a live trap and relocate the fucker but the state fish/wildlife people shat all over that idea.
maybe jonKranked can shoot it for you?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This. "Just south" doesn't tell us much.
Highlands Ranch area.
Looking to relocate to the Greater Denver area and all the jobs I'm finding are DTC, Greenwood Village areas. Although the lady is finding stuff up near Broomfield and she takes precedence.

Our ride was ~17miles, first singletrack since early January.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Congrats on the future gender reassignment, MMike's brother. Starting with the eyes is prudent.

Unchecked urban sprawl? Yes, yes it does.
So many people apparently enjoy sitting in traffic with others. I'm just disappointed my commute from Stapleton will balloon from 2.5 to 6.5 miles. :grumpy:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Highlands Ranch it's super nice for a soulless suburb. Dirt paths and waking trails all over, potentially close to solid trail riding (as in a short drive: waterton canton, deer creek ...) Home of Stoney! Also many big malls and North American soccer mom HQ.

Commuting from there to Broomfield,, or vice versa, would be certain death.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Took the new Kayak out for a test. 4 hours and my ass gave the seat the seal of approval. Hobie peda kayaks are seriously faster than a conventional paddle kayak I could get from one end of the lake to another twice as quickly with half the effort. Many Bluegill were caught and released on the Fly Rod today using a wooly bugger fly. It was dead calm when I launched and I got off the water just as the winds really kicked up. The Hobie really cut through the chop and wind as I cruised the lenght of the lake to get back to where I was parked. Driving home the winds on the Altamont Pass were hitting 40+mph as the storm front is moving in.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Highlands Ranch area.
Looking to relocate to the Greater Denver area and all the jobs I'm finding are DTC, Greenwood Village areas. Although the lady is finding stuff up near Broomfield and she takes precedence..
One working in Broomfield and one in the DTC is about as bad as it gets. Live downtown but then after work ride stuff would be a nightmare. The only worse location would be Stapleton. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
My sister works in Thornton/Broomfield and lives in Highlands Ranch, not far from Stoney, in fact. She doesn't like her life much these days.

I have come to the conclusion that my SARS is largely allergy driven at this point, through deep analysis (staring) at the color and consistency of what my nose produces over the days.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My sister works in Thornton/Broomfield and lives in Highlands Ranch, not far from Stoney, in fact. She doesn't like her life much these days.

I have come to the conclusion that my SARS is largely allergy driven at this point, through deep analysis (staring) at the color and consistency of what my nose produces over the days.
A teaspoon of local wildflower honey everyday during the Spring does wonders for my allergies.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah no way would I go for a job in the south of the city with her working north, thanks.