Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Final push on boat today.
I'm my own worst enemy as everything is done 'all or nothing'.
What could've been a few touch-up turned into a full hull repaint etc.
Last session I decided to strip all the exterior mahogany completely to apply new coating system, today I'm stripping decades of paint off some interior mahogany.
Fortunately it's stored right next to the harbor so we can watch all the smart people with fiberglass boats enjoying the water while we toil away.
It's always a good time with my father in law though, many laughs and visits to bong shed will occur.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Final push on boat today.
I'm my own worst enemy as everything is done 'all or nothing'.
What could've been a few touch-up turned into a full hull repaint etc.
Last session I decided to strip all the exterior mahogany completely to apply new coating system, today I'm stripping decades of paint off some interior mahogany.
Fortunately it's stored right next to the harbor so we can watch all the smart people with fiberglass boats enjoying the water while we toil away.
It's always a good time with my father in law though, many laughs and visits to bong shed will occur.
Just think about how you get to do it all over again in the not to distant future. That is unless you decide to sell for a large financial loss.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up until 3am and then had to get up at 7am. This is going to be a coffee filled day.

I got around to updating my gas mileage spreadsheet thing... http://tinyurl.com/pbnr5el It kind of brings to light how gas up here has been slowwwwwly increasing in price back to what it used to be.

Not really sure what is in store for today, but it sure is nice out.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm in ur hospitalz, reading your imaging studies today and tomorrow. Very busy start to the day at 7 AM. I was hoping to get some journal reading and paper writing done. Perhaps this afternoon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

hmmmm.....i don't remember if the land in colorado has enough flat space.....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just think about how you get to do it all over again in the not to distant future. That is unless you decide to sell for a large financial loss.
I don't mind the work, it's what I do for a living anyway.
It's insured to the point that I could scuttle it and come out fine.
Id hate to do that though as its a rare and kick ass boat.
I get offers for it all the time from people that don't know better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The boat I lived on in Seattle is owned by a friend. His gas tanks started to leak. Is going to cost much more than the boat is worth to replace. He has dreamed about having an 'accident'. For an otherwise solid boat it is pretty much scrap.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm gonna build a bridge this summer. Want to spend little (5-6k max) and have much strength. The span is 12ft wide and 20ft long. So far options are rail flat car or concrete pan poured offsite and set into place. I think the concrete is cheaper. The footings could be concrete or I've got these basalt boulders laying around which could be set in place. I'd like to do the whole job with a backhoe but may need to hire a crane to set the deck, especially if its the concrete pan. Either way, lots of work ahead....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
custom title should be mcgee...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm gonna build a bridge this summer. Want to spend little (5-6k max) and have much strength. The span is 12ft wide and 20ft long. So far options are rail flat car or concrete pan poured offsite and set into place. I think the concrete is cheaper. The footings could be concrete or I've got these basalt boulders laying around which could be set in place. I'd like to do the whole job with a backhoe but may need to hire a crane to set the deck, especially if its the concrete pan. Either way, lots of work ahead....
would drain/culvert pipes and a bunch of fucking rocks be cheaper?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just wrapped up 10 hrs at the boat.
Shattered from the effort, scorched by the sun and blazed to a shell of my former self.

Now off to some work related event for my wife but first a couple dales and a shower.

F'in rain inbound.
Wished I'd ridden the bikey today.
Looks like 1+" tomorrow.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
nice job with the runnings Babs and Squeeb :thumb:

Dragged the DH bike out for the first time in forever. The jump trail is still jumpy, the race course is loose fast and pointy-rocky ... and saw some friends which is always great.

Tempted to check out a Greek food festival in Denver, but equally tempted to lay on the couch and try to not move at all.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
would drain/culvert pipes and a bunch of fucking rocks be cheaper?
Too much water/seasonal flow for a culvert. I initially started planning a draw bridge but decided it wouldn't be economically feasible. The dirt ramp would be most excellent and eventually a bicycle gap may exist.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just wrapped up 10 hrs at the boat.
Shattered from the effort, scorched by the sun and blazed to a shell of my former self.

Now off to some work related event for my wife but first a couple dales and a shower.

F'in rain inbound.
Wished I'd ridden the bikey today.
Looks like 1+" tomorrow.
dales ftw

hangin' at the inlaws. milf watched at the children's museum, drank beers by the pool, grilling nao. maybe a trail ride if I can drag my ass outta bed in the AM before it heats up.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At a buddies condo under the influence of many substances. After a good ride, good trail building and good food. Happy f-day to all y'all mother fvckers