Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy. You ever going to make it up here for that random orbital buffer and its accoutrement?

I spent yesterday morning unproductive but made up for that with a 10 hour productivity binge. Another paper grows close to completion, which is good since this one has been gestating for two years now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Headache, Ibuprophen better kick in soon. was going to go kayaking but the wife called and her horse has been tearing up the paddock mats and the barn owner wants them rplaced so I have to go buy 5-6 of them and take them over. The hired help at the barn will do the install

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
funeral time this week.

beware...that jaw pain you experience might be cancer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp, according to Strava, I have not rode my bike on a trail since the end of last August. I am now fat as fuck(!!), so today marks my first ride of 2015.

But holy cow, it could not have been a worse day....

Numba ONE, it must have been the hottest day of the year here today. When I got in the car, the dash pleasantly told me that it was 104.

Numba TWO; on the way to the trail, my car started making this god awful howling noise. So naturally I slowed down to see if the noise stopped, which it did. Upon accelerating, the noise came back. No biggy, I thought, maybe there was just a piece of cardboard or paper or some nonsense stuck under the car. At the next exit of the freeway, I pulled over into the carpool lot and waddayaknow. The entire plastic under tray that covers the exhaust and oil pan was just floating there, not attached to anything. I'm guessing once I reached a certain speed, it was pushed down into the road by the air. A good portion of it now missing. UGH. Good thing for zip ties, they got that sucker back up and attached to the front bumper cover. Is there anything a zip tie won't do?

About the ride; this one is a short story. I pretty much died and was eaten alive by mosquitos. Even if my fatass wanted a break, I couldn't stop; the bugs were that bad.

To note, my KS seat post has been in the "down" position since last September. It went up on the very first pull/push of the lever. Love that thing! :dance:My non-tubeless tires held their air all winter too.

The new bike rack and hitch from a 2009 Forester also seem to be doing their job.

tl/dr; car breaks, fatass rides bike, bugs eat fatass, sore bum.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode a friends personal set of trails this evening right after a storm. These trails are a natural, off camber, tight, twisty, root fest. Slippery and hard to ride. No sign of IMBA and their dirt sidewalks out there.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
For the first time in my riding career I popped a camelbak bladder during a tuck n roll. Damn flat turns which are loose and sandy, near the top of Buck trail in Boise.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Truck transporter arrived with my new/ used truck at 9pm took it out for an hour test drive
Started on surface streets then up over the Altamont Pass on I580 worst stretch of FWY in the west, it is pounded to bits by heavy truck traffic. The suspension is stiff, steering is great, and omg the power in the 6.7L diesel is insane (400 HP 800ft/#s of torque. So far I would say we scored on theis truck. Only wear on the truck is some scratches in the bed (hey its a truck). The inside is spotless and it is fully loaded with the Lariat Ultimate Trim Package.

first fill up, Diesel is 2.79/gal regular unleaded is 3.19/gal.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Are you going to pop the camper on that and sell the F-250?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nice Spitty.

Still haven't gotten a new one, and the v1 is looooose in the back end. I bet the new Spitty is uber stiff.
Have you tried to warranty yours? My v1 was loose, but not as bad as some others and they sent me the new frame without them even taking a look at the v1. They only asked for pictures and made their judgment on that. Of course, I then had to chop the BB off of it. The only thing I had to do what purchase the shock (different length from v1). But after selling the old one, it was a $25-50 purchase or something.

I would definitely try it now. This v2 is great, no complaints really. Though, I would guess that the old frame might be a tad lighter. The v2's suspension is much more active/plush, I find.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Have you tried to warranty yours? My v1 was loose, but not as bad as some others and they sent me the new frame without them even taking a look at the v1. They only asked for pictures and made their judgment on that. Of course, I then had to chop the BB off of it. The only thing I had to do what purchase the shock (different length from v1). But after selling the old one, it was a $25-50 purchase or something.

I would definitely try it now. This v2 is great, no complaints really. Though, I would guess that the old frame might be a tad lighter. The v2's suspension is much more active/plush, I find.
An LBS is handling the warranty, but they're just discounting a new frame and letting me keep the old one. It's a decent price, I just don't have the cash right now.

Did you contact Banshee directly and before the two year warranty period expired ?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
An LBS is handling the warranty, but they're just discounting a new frame and letting me keep the old one. It's a decent price, I just don't have the cash right now.

Did you contact Banshee directly and before the two year warranty period expired ?
I think I did contact them directly, as I purchased that old frame out of the states and thought that'd be a hassle to go through the shop again.

As for the warranty, I can't really remember. I think I submitted my warranty case literally a month or so before it expired; which they never asked about anyways. Though, it did take them all winter to send the frame. The guy that originally took charge at Banshee for my warranty either quit or was let go, which left my case in limbo for a while. Pretty much has to start the entire process over again with the new guy...not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Originally they were going to just give a new V1 frame, but ended up literally saying to me "it won't be worth it, the same problems will just happen again. Take a new frame..".