Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
morning, i'm going through big bike withdrawals . so taking the dh bike out of storage and going some runs on a local flow trail .

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
17.7 km run (11 miles) in Canada this morning. What's with all the metric bullshit up here? It's hard enough shopping for groceries when everything is in French, but I have to convert grams to ounces and kilograms to pounds. Fuckin bullshit. Fortunately a nice local broad explained to me which was butter and which was margarine.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was going to go camping this weekend but...I got roped into filling in on an EMT standby...Oh well I guess $270 in the pocket for 8 hrs of doing nothing isn't all that bad. Kayaking tomorrow
Do they compensate you for travel time/mileage, too? Those F-350s can't be cheap to feed.

My plan for today: pick up spare tire from Discount Tire (slow leak of uncertain provenance); Costco; pick up economics book on reserve from library; night out with wife (kids with sitter) at some prix fixe French outdoor deal at Larimer Square.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
17.7 km run (11 miles) in Canada this morning. What's with all the metric bullshit up here? It's hard enough shopping for groceries when everything is in French, but I have to convert grams to ounces and kilograms to pounds. Fuckin bullshit. Fortunately a nice local broad explained to me which was butter and which was margarine.
If you're in Canada and everything is in French, the socially acceptable term is "nice local dame".

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up, coffee in hand, watching some youtubes and then it will be time for bikes. :)

Heading up to the big hills again today. The hills suck still for my fatass, but I'm still holding my own going down them....or maybe its all the bike. @jonKranked build your damn Spitfire already!

For the folks with Banshees, are you using your neutral flip chips? If not and you have no need, I would purchase them; mine seem to have gone missing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning. slow start and that's a-ok with me after two weeks of travel.
riding bikes, maybe keystone later, don't know and not worries about it. also continued car shopping.

coffee in hand

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
pick up spare tire from Discount Tire (slow leak of uncertain provenance)
This proved to be the easiest interaction ever: dropped off spare alone after work yesterday after verifying it was the only low tire. The counter dude remembered me from when I bought the Nokians (and the replacement Nokian after my off road sidewall shredding) so I didn't even have to give contact info. This morning I pulled up, the guy recognized me and the car through the window, and had the plugged spare rolling back to me before I hopped out. We cranked it back up into its under-car hiding place and that was it, gratis.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Lil one woke me with a swift kick to the jaw, I love her so much. Now up and running around the farm looking at apples being harvested. We are picking galas and the quality is mediocre at best. The heat and lack of water makes for shifty apples. Dreaming of trail building this evening when the in laws roll into town.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Lil one woke me with a swift kick to the jaw, I love her so much. Now up and running around the farm looking at apples being harvested. We are picking galas and the quality is mediocre at best. The heat and lack of water makes for shifty apples. Dreaming of trail building this evening when the in laws roll into town.
I got a bunch of awesome peaches :D But I've had to eat all of them in the last two days. The poops have been glorious...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If you're in Canada and everything is in French, the socially acceptable term is "nice local dame".
or as a friend from highscool would call it...."a nice piece of trim".....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
8 hour mission of a drive through biblical rain from Van to Portland to visit the sis-in law. Wiorked out well hitting rushour in Everett, Seattle AND Tacoma! The roads were clogged with Seahawks fan-gear wearing jag-offs desperate to get into the other lane (whichever they weren't in) and running into each other occasionally. Add some rain, shitstorm tardo-sandwhich

Now in Portland watching soccer on TV and RM-ing while the youngest sleeps.

So much better here!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ibis style pedaling creak scavenger hunt: tighten crank & RD bolts & check and tighten pedals. Grease axle. No dice. Remove crank, clean / grease BB bearings and seals, grease and tighten chainring interface. No dice. Replace RF BB with a flashy one as new bearings are needed anyway. Tighten shock hardware. Grease and tighten RD hanger. No dice - only the nuclear option is left now. Remove wheel, cranks, chain guide to access pivot bolts. Remove shock. Remove bottom link, detach rear triangle, remove upper link. Inspect pivot bearings (7 months old) - of course they are almost seized, resuscitate bone dry ones in the upper link with 1/2 pound of grease, press in new ones in the bottom link (even if it was just the DS single row bearing that was totally shot). Attach both links to frame, then attach rear triangle, then shock, then install chain guide, cranks, wheel. Yep, the nuclear option worked, pedaling is finally silent again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Up, coffee in hand, watching some youtubes and then it will be time for bikes. :)

Heading up to the big hills again today. The hills suck still for my fatass, but I'm still holding my own going down them....or maybe its all the bike. @jonKranked build your damn Spitfire already!

For the folks with Banshees, are you using your neutral flip chips? If not and you have no need, I would purchase them; mine seem to have gone missing.
Funny you mention that, I've gotta swap a saddle and put in the derailleur cable then I'm gonna go ride it