Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Okay, this is making me feel a bit better. About 3 months is what tires last me as well... I definitely tend to ride rockier terrain as well. And steeper stuff. But also I don't think Maxxis tires last for shit. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Or Schwalbe...

Or Continental...

Or...

Maybe it's time to go back and try Panaracer and WTB? :D
There was a time when I swore by the Panaracer Fire XC. And kidwoo would freak out if I started running Vigilantes, 'cuz they have those "angled the wrong way cornering knobs" like what the Schwobbles has. But yeah... good tires don't last for anything. Also to the folks who's tires last for 1-2 seasons: what sort of rubber durometer do you guys use? Or what tire? Admittedly I always get a softer compound tire, because I like having as much traction as possible... something that is in scarce supply in Colorado most of the time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I saw one of Denver's "residentialy liberated" folks riding a bike this morning heavily weighed down with backpacks, shopping bags .. and no front tire. Full on Gwin on the Rim riding. Tires just get in the way of the experience. Dood.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There was a time when I swore by the Panaracer Fire XC. And kidwoo would freak out if I started running Vigilantes, 'cuz they have those "angled the wrong way cornering knobs" like what the Schwobbles has. But yeah... good tires don't last for anything. Also to the folks who's tires last for 1-2 seasons: what sort of rubber durometer do you guys use? Or what tire? Admittedly I always get a softer compound tire, because I like having as much traction as possible... something that is in scarce supply in Colorado most of the time.
My old "swear by" tire was the Ritchey Zmax... I wonder if they still make that damn tire?