Quantcast

Saturday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No wingdings. It's 3:35am and I have no drive to sleep. I haven't drank or had caffeine in over four years. With the lack of sleep from working on the car and studying for the test, I have been drinking a cup of Earl Grey each day. It's 3:35am and I can't sleep. WTF?!

How did I live off this isht for so long?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Cold and windy around here today. Heading to the Rochester Rhinos playoff game tonight to get all crazy in the supporters section. :spartak::fans::shablon:

Morning!

Starting to do various fall work while dealing with contractors repairing and painting the house and outbuildings. Managed to give them a big air compressor, my sandblaster, and associated air hose. Now to get Mike Lee to actually come over and haul away the 471 Detroit.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sore throat has worsened from last night to today. I do not feel so good. The joys of having a kid in germ-haven preschool--at least she's not sick.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Football! Currently watching the 1st and 2nd grade team against the former Seahawk, Marcus Trufant's team. 0-0 in the 3rd Quarter. Next up my little Linebacker plays on the 3/4 team. Tear 'em up son!! Nothing else today... Hoping to get home in time to get some stuff done before Buffalo gets off work. Also went to an awesome dinner party and saw my girlfriends. It has been almost a year since we got together. Good times.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rainy, cold, coughing like mad. Turned the heat on for the first time this Fall as inside temperature was dropping below 60F and wifey got grumpy.

Time to do some more bike wrenching. I rebuilt a fork last night, second time this season, and the oil was beyond dirty. Foam rings were darker than my soul.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So I was riding along a nice little section of tight, wooded singletrack and came to a dip/waterbar into a 180° corner. With ease I manualed into the dip and held it out, all the way around the corner and through the exit dip. Then I woke up.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Apparently you can get in quite a bit of trouble trying to smuggle fresh seafood into Canada. Those Border Folks need to work on their people skills. Maybe even brush up on their own laws and shit also. After I went to the consulate and got my letter. I made sure to get into assholes lane for my return trip. Much success was had by me....

I think the shingles has spread to my ass cheek...
Shingles is an intense experience.

So I was riding along a nice little section of tight, wooded singletrack and came to a dip/waterbar into a 180° corner. With ease I manualed into the dip and held it out, all the way around the corner and through the exit dip. Then I woke up.
Been there, done that.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sick for last 4 days.
Rain finally stopped so tonight I drink beers to kill the virus in preparation of tomorrow's ride to sweat out the toxins.

October and the impending winter can also go fuck themselves. Not enjoying this long pants, outerwear nonsense.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
if you don't even like october i suggest a move down to this neck of the woods: 95% year round riding
Trust me I'd love to.
Was just telling my wife about the job at your museum, the job desc read like her resume minus the asst part.

Oct is on my shit list because it marks the start of Halloween hell as I go thru Salem MA daily and the mad dash to wrap up our exterior projects before the cold sets in for good.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
October for me signifies the end of aggressive cornering season. No more trying to drag my bar in the dirt. Leaves on trails I do not like.

A few years ago about this time I was on my way down the trail to meet up with a friend who started earlier. Popped off a little water bar to transfer, got loose in some leaves and pine needles over hard pack, and hit the deck so hard I knocked the nose piece out of my glasses. It was every bit as hard and fast as a good DH crash, minus the body armor. Kind of sat there for a bit.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Suit has been ordered. Made to order was the recommendation given my odd proportions. 6-8 weeks, $1035. Yowch. At least it's made in the USA, albeit probably by people who like Trump.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
lub, lub, lub riding teh gnar in the mtns in leaves. october/november might be my fav. months of the year. it's like the powder season of mtb. plus it's 60s/70s for temps... #glorious

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Well, at least I have new Ardents, which grip in leaves really well, until they don't.

Just cuz it's not my favorite time to ride, doesn't mean I'm going to sit in the corner and cry. I'll be out slidin with everybody else.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sick for last 4 days.
Rain finally stopped so tonight I drink beers to kill the virus in preparation of tomorrow's ride to sweat out the toxins.

October and the impending winter can also go fuck themselves. Not enjoying this long pants, outerwear nonsense.
This 100%, only I won't be riding tomorrow. Also, I wear shorts all winter long, because eff it. Snowblowing stings just a little bit.

Plymouth Gin in da house.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Our team lost today :( and they didn't ever put Lucas in as lineman... which was frustrating, as I had a friend of mine with me who played for the Bills in the 60's or 70's (idk exactly) and is now in the coaching hall of fame here for his semi-pro team he coaches. Oh well. He was still glad he came, and got to see Lucas on special teams once.

Then I went t pick up my prescription and the fvcking doctor didn't take the time to process her part of the deal, so today I'm out, and apparently it is a narcotic, so they can't even give me a two day supply to get through the weekend. This will spell disaster for my condition as it isn't a drug you can quit cold turkey. They suggested I go to urgent care or the ER to see if someone there can prescribe enough for the weekend. Honest to God, WTF? Maybe I'll just beat the odds and stop taking it all together. This isn't the first time and I am so done. /rant

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had an awesome ride today at some newish to me trails. I must say, the weather over the last month or so has been spectacular. Sure, its getting chilly but there has been maybe 2-5 rain days. The ground is perfect for riding.

Beer time. Let's see how this goes, all I've had today is a slice of pizza and two bananas.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's ironic that I worked as a sternman in ME for many summers and am now allergic to crustaceans. Jelly of all those who get to enjoy feasting on the bottom feeders!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's ironic that I worked as a sternman in ME for many summers and am now allergic to crustaceans. Jelly of all those who get to enjoy feasting on the bottom feeders!
To me I like the Pork I brought home much better. Ontario pigs are very tasty. My expectations of seafood cannot be met at this time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
May need to relocate the camper for the night. the wind is howling and I am in the fall zone of some pines if they blow over. The middle of the large horse trailer parking lot is starting to look good. Its also getting a bit cool outside, I actually fired up the heater.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Then I went t pick up my prescription and the fvcking doctor didn't take the time to process her part of the deal, so today I'm out, and apparently it is a narcotic, so they can't even give me a two day supply to get through the weekend. This will spell disaster for my condition as it isn't a drug you can quit cold turkey. They suggested I go to urgent care or the ER to see if someone there can prescribe enough for the weekend. Honest to God, WTF? Maybe I'll just beat the odds and stop taking it all together. This isn't the first time and I am so done. /rant
Nothing a few more trips to the bong shed couldn't fix?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well, at least I have new Ardents, which grip in leaves really well, until they don't.

Just cuz it's not my favorite time to ride, doesn't mean I'm going to sit in the corner and cry. I'll be out slidin with everybody else.
The best part of the fall and spring time are all of those O SHIT moments, when both wheels starting sliding and going sideways on the greasy roots that are hidden under the greasy leaves.

Always poop pre-ride, so that you don't poop mid-ride.

Also, I've been using Ardents in the 2.4 variety on my trail bike for a few years now and used them on my old Transition DH bike in the 2.6 variety. I've always liked them....despite my rumblings in the tire thread. Now that I've let them get down to some lower pressures, they are running great.