Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got to Glenwood Springs late-afternoon yesterday. Had a long and unexpected stop in Eagle on the way up. Haley had a full fledged freak out screaming in pain saying her side hurt. It was her left, so we figured not her appendix. She finally ripped a fart of epic proportions and was suddenly better. Gas bubble. Go figure.

Solid snow going over Vail pass. Saw a truck lose it going over a bridge. Tank slapped 4-5 times and just before clearing the bridge slammed ass end into the cement railing. We were far enough away that i was able to downshift to open a gap, but even with downshifting with snows we slid a bit. That dude didn't have a chance when he passed us.

We are between seasons here, so the amusement park is closed. That was a big part of my plan for today. Guess we're staying at the hot springs for most of today...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Biking today somewhere and then going to try to get this steer tube cut on the new fork.

But first, coffee must be drank.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm gonna go ride my bike All.Goddamn.Day. Many feet, many miles, many beers. Like, taking lights with just in case kind of all day ride.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm gonna go ride my bike All.Goddamn.Day. Many feet, many miles, many beers. Like, taking lights with just in case kind of all day ride.
Caveat: we're not starting for another couple of hours. But we are starting in the morning, so I'm calling it all day. Off to the garage to ensure all my shiz is in working order.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. It is now officially cold, what with the garbage/recycling/compost bins all being frosted over. Do the homeless people in Denver hole up inside all winter in churches or shelters?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Trying to get the hell out of dodge here. This non-stop work stress has truly led me to the breaking point and I cannot be in a dirty house where every room needs work this weekend. I am packing the van and heading east with the child, where there is the least amount of precip this weekend. Boostindoubles if you see this, I'm taking the kiddo to Cowiche if all goes as planned, any tips?

Time to go clear my head

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Up.

Time to prep for camping next weekend. Check my gear and buy supplies. Get some car maintenance done.

Gym.

Then I'm off to hang people from trees in a park.

Then I gotta plug into my beautiful new bass cabinet for a few. Already considering flipping it for the next size up. I don't need that much volume often but it's nice to have, and I already have offers to take this boutique bit of kit off my hands for what I paid for it :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
In south Florida. Fuck some humidity. :dead:
My 3 mile run felt like running in jelly made of sweat. I swear it is easier for me to run at altitude in the mountains than here in flat humid Florida.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
5K race: 19:51, 6th place overall, 1st place in my age group. I won pie! Apple or blueberry would have better but they ran out by the time they got to my division. But what-the-fuck-ever, give me my pecan. I did have a large slice of apple pie after the race.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hi.
In south Florida. Fuck some humidity. :dead:
My 3 mile run felt like running in jelly made of sweat. I swear it is easier for me to run at altitude in the mountains than here in flat humid Florida.
This is a good thing, sweat some toxins out of your system. And enjoy all the sliicone enhanced hotties in their "active wear". Remember, looking and chasing only, no catching.

Got rid of a load of trash. Prepped and painted flatbed trailer and some brackets for sideboards. Took summer tires off the Moonlander and put on winter tires with the usual struggle related to tubeless. Repaired an "antique" coat pegboard that Hilarie's trying to hawk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Dafuq?

It's been a good day so far. Took out some trash, trimmed bushes that got out of control while I biked and biked, had a pretty good ride that had tech, air and and energy, then made me pan seared pork loin with new-ish red potatoes, now sipping Uinta Double IPA and cooking some cauliflower pancakes for my dear wife who is admiring an orchid exhibition in town. Thunder mountain DH tomorrow, bichez!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not a good ride today. I ventured up north to the good trails, only to find them completely FUBAR'd with downed trees. One of the trails going up/down the ridge was unrideable; every 20 feet was a MASSIVE tree laying on the trail.

Theres a trail under that tree somewhere...

Oh and I also got bit/gnawed on by a dog today. I pulled over and completely stopped for this little ankle biter too, to let him by. As buddy scoots by me, without even breaking pace, he looks over and grabs onto my leg like a shark. What the hell? This is the first time a dog has ever did that to me. What is an appropriate response to that? Kick back? Tell the owner to get a leash?

Also met up with some random dude out on the trails on a fat bike. Guy was out in that forest for the first time, so I showed him all the good stuff. Turns out he lives a few blocks from me and rides all the local stuff. He looks and sounds exactly like a chubby Darren Berrecloth. Probably start riding with him now instead of my friends, see as how my friends don't actually ride anymore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had a couple over this afternoon who has a daughter in the same day care as my boy. They are rad, but non riders. Will probably hang out again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not a good ride today. I ventured up north to the good trails, only to find them completely FUBAR'd with downed trees. One of the trails going up/down the ridge was unrideable; every 20 feet was a MASSIVE tree laying on the trail.

Oh and I also got bit/gnawed on by a dog today. I pulled over and completely stopped for this little ankle biter too, to let him by. As buddy scoots by me, without even breaking pace, he looks over and grabs onto my leg like a shark. What the hell? This is the first time a dog has ever did that to me. What is an appropriate response to that? Kick back? Tell the owner to get a leash?

Also met up with some random dude out on the trails on a fat bike. Guy was out in that forest for the first time, so I showed him all the good stuff. Turns out he lives a few blocks from me and rides all the local stuff. He looks and sounds exactly like a chubby Darren Berrecloth. Probably start riding with him now instead of my friends, see as how my friends don't actually ride anymore.
The hard part is holding off the dog while you choke the shit out of the owner. The only time you are allowed to viciously beat down a person is after their dog bites you. So be careful to not lose that opportunity. If you have to, use a stick or a knife to kill the dog. But do so only if necessary as it is not the dogs fault. Beat the dog owner until they have fully lost consciousness. Take their shoes and phone and get the fuck out of there. If you think about it or have been arrested before do not leave behind any evidence. DNA/fingerprints etc....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

If the dog breaks skin make sure to take owner's info in case it gets horrendously infected.

Or do that thing that JD suggested.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not cool. Kick the shit out of the little rat (ankle biters don't qualify as dogs in my book), ask the owner for contact info (insurance stuff), take his picture if he refuses to do so and call police. If that wound gets red, go to ER and have it cleaned. Dog/cat/human bites are full of nasty bacteria and you don't want to get necrosis in any of your limbs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm stupid and took off after it bit me. The owner asked "are ya good?" and I really didn't want to stick around to either get bit again or get into some sort of argument with him. Stupid move, I know.

For what its worth, the dog was only literally an ankle biter, not a pug or something. I would guess it was some sort of Border Collie mix and it was pretty young (but not puppy young).

Other than it bleeding from me poking the scab like a twat, it luckily looks like it won't get infected. But we all know how that can change with time...

This calls for a beer or three, just because :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not cool. Kick the shit out of the little rat (ankle biters don't qualify as dogs in my book)
hey fuck stick....you kick the shit out of the owner....not the dog.

"ankle biters don't qualify as dogs in my book".....someone has a small dick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Completely hypothetical situation, but lets say I'm kicking the owners ass, have knocked him unconscious and am pissing on his jacket. If the dog then lunges at me, what is one supposed to do?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Completely hypothetical situation, but lets say I'm kicking the owners ass, have knocked him unconscious and am pissing on his jacket. If the dog then lunges at me, what is one supposed to do?
you put the owners limp/lifeless body between you and the dog.