Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2:30 am. Kid wakes us up covered in barf. Bath + laundry.

7am. Kid wakes us up covered in diarrhea. Bath + laundry.

Guess it's a good thing we have nothing planned today.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Back is angry after yesterdays ride.
Perhaps I'll beat it into submission in the bong shed.

Costco run to prepare of xmas happy hours we're hosting tomorrow.
Gotta get everything done today so I can ride in the morning pre-party.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. The baby is still not back to normal with regard to sleep. Therefore my wife is bailing on our planned outing to Stoney's as that would entail leaving the kid at home with babysitter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like today will be the first time the Turner rolls on dirt trails this year, due to the Banshee being completely unrideable.

Heading up north to at least roll this bike down some big hills. It also looks like it is about to pour rain, so we'll see how that works.

On another note, the 8 clementines that I had before bed last night just rifled out in glorious fashion. Time for some coffee and then hitting the road.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Inspection on the place I'm under contract on today at noon. Tried to get an hour of hot-lap skiing in this morning but the 70 was solid gridlock from Genesee all the way to the Eisenhower. Poop sauce. Coffee and relaxing, a little bit of freelance work, then the games begin again. Mint 400 on the tele tomorrow evening, in case you wondered.

Well played, sir.

Howdy all. The baby is still not back to normal with regard to sleep. Therefore my wife is bailing on our planned outing to Stoney's as that would entail leaving the kid at home with babysitter.
Are you still going, sans kiddo and wife? I planned on being in the mountains this weekend but this whole 'buying a house' thing seems to have pooched those plans. Unconfirmed but I might wander out to the 'burbs to say hey to Stoney since I ain't seen him in a while. I might also go to the mountains, which seems moar likelier.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hero dirt season. Rode this morning with some fast guys, to be reminded how slow my fat arse is. Chores for the rest of the day, and perhaps I'll get to fixing my brakes later.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Inspection on the place I'm under contract on today at noon. Tried to get an hour of hot-lap skiing in this morning but the 70 was solid gridlock from Genesee all the way to the Eisenhower. Poop sauce. Coffee and relaxing, a little bit of freelance work, then the games begin again. Mint 400 on the tele tomorrow evening, in case you wondered.

Well played, sir.

Are you still going, sans kiddo and wife? I planned on being in the mountains this weekend but this whole 'buying a house' thing seems to have pooched those plans. Unconfirmed but I might wander out to the 'burbs to say hey to Stoney since I ain't seen him in a while. I might also go to the mountains, which seems moar likelier.
I hope the inspection only shows reasonable things that you can then ask the sellers to compensate you for. :D I-70 express lanes open tomorrow, I read!

I don't think I'm going to trek down there alone: snow plus usual stupid drivers could make it a chore getting back. Instead I will torture Yuna with the nose death ray and ask Mariko if she wants hugs ("no, daddy, I'm reading").

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife is on a hormonal rampage this morning. good thing she left with her mom for a few hours. Off to Lowes for some gravity wall blocks, then a stop to get propane tanks filled for the camper. Cooking mexican lasagne for a pot luck tonight and somewhere in the middle of all this going wine tasting this afternoon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife is on a hormonal rampage this morning. good thing she left with her mom for a few hours. Off to Lowes for some gravity wall blocks, then a stop to get propane tanks filled for the camper. Cooking mexican lasagne for a pot luck tonight and somewhere in the middle of all this going wine tasting this afternoon.
Dude...how old *is* your wife? If you prefer not to divulge that information I completely understand. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Menopause hits after 65 in her family. Strong ovary genes.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi folks.
Moved & getting settled.
Pow day yesterday & moving has me knackered.
Hopped in teh truck to explore and ended up here. amazing. seriously spine tingling views.

Not much on tap except for exploring & settling in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode or rather hiked, quite a bit.

Hardest part of the day was deciding which trail to descend down. I said fuck it and did two of the five (two are out of the pic).

I took a wrong turn at the bottom of one of the trails in the pic above and clearly missed the memo that the fire road going back up is steep as all hell, complete with a false summit and the steepest bit right at the end. Never going up that way ever again.

But man, this weather is unreal. I know it will suck for all the vegetation, farmers and whatnot; but I am loving it. Today was perfect.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Four out of five doctors agree that getting shit done is the leading cause of getting shit done.
Side effects may include: satisfaction, enjoyment, and shit getting done.
Ask your doctor if getting shit done is right for you.

(for the monkeys not Facebook stalking me)

I'm getting shit done today.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Four out of five doctors agree that getting shit done is the leading cause of getting shit done.
Side effects may include: satisfaction, enjoyment, and shit getting done.
Ask your doctor if getting shit done is right for you.

(for the monkeys not Facebook stalking me)

I'm getting shit done today.
I pooped twice today, does that count ?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Some asshat stole Steve Vai's guitar at the Tony MacAlpine benefit show in LA (Tony was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year).

Keep an eye out for this one of a kind.

Vai.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
going to a neighborhood holiday party. if there's shit beer there i swear i'll provoke one of my kids to misbehave so i'll have to take him home...
Stash a six pack in your camo cargo shorts? :D

Quick clip from todays ride. I wanted to do a faster/steeper trail, but there was too many peeps out there. Wouldn't want to get in anyone's way.

This is what it looks like to ride a DH bike slowly on some mellow trail. :crazy:

Picked up one of these today, to screw around with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did some leaf surfing on some steep private gnar today with a buddy who built most of the trails. Private gnar is open to all but rule of thumb is to keep it on the down low. Local group ride dipshits flooded all the local listservs and packed the non existent parking lot with cars. This is why we can't have nice things.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did some leaf surfing on some steep private gnar today with a buddy who built most of the trails. Private gnar is open to all but rule of thumb is to keep it on the down low. Local group ride dipshits flooded all the local listservs and packed the non existent parking lot with cars. This is why we can't have nice things.
Fuck that shit. People are idiots. Sorry man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fuck that shit. People are idiots. Sorry man.
I generally avoid people and only ride with a handful of folks. I was warned that the ringleader was a grade A douchenozzle. When we crossed paths on the trail I noticed he had just about every accessory you could buy strapped to himself and the bike. Fenders, multiple cameras, multiple bags, gel flasks, light mounts, strobes, camelback and the piece de resistance: a facecloth connected to a retractable lanyard to dab at perspiration. Of course the bike is carbon, to save weight.

We have a lot of tools on bikes in this town. Neighboring towns unfavorably call C'ville The Foof, these people embody why. This town has very few blue collar jobs and all the professionals tend to be lawyers or doctors. More often than not, anyone that can afford to ride recreationally is a flaming tool bag. I am lucky to have the handful of riding friends that I do.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We have a lot of tools on bikes in this town. Neighboring towns unfavorably call C'ville The Foof, these people embody why. This town has very few blue collar jobs and all the professionals tend to be lawyers or doctors. More often than not, anyone that can afford to ride recreationally is a flaming tool bag. I am lucky to have the handful of riding friends that I do.
C'ville == Cuntville? :think:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I just spent a super infuriating hour or so trying to figure out why the labels beneath my MATLAB boxplot columns weren't parsing tex (LaTEX subset) properly. Why Mathworks decided that they should be parsed differently then straight up xlabels is probably due to some decision made 20 years ago.

The solution, after trying many failed ones that apparently worked for someone somewhere:

set(gca,'TickLabelInterpreter','tex'); % only after boxplot is called--can't set this in advance

:facepalm:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Private property? Start shootin

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Private property? Start shootin
Not mine, private school. Athletic director welcomes people to ride their trails. But much of the staff lives on the property. Trails run near their homes, not to mention the parking situation. Don't want to piss off the natives. You also don't want to have any of the blue blood parents asking why hoards of townies are assembling on their private campus. Riding there isn't a problem, but discretion is key.

There is also the question of bringing a bunch of hacks to trails that are above their heads. Someone gets hurt and no one gets to ride.

Last edited: