Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have the pleasure of working today (in exchange for having yesterday off and Christmas week off--doesn't count against vacation). 'tis not too bad thus far.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Indian food is exceptionally malodorous on the way out, I must report.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy new year monkeys! Missed the gmt thread yesterday due to kids being a handful, travelling and neighbourhood olliebollen party.

About to head outside with the eldest to frolicking in the snow.

Vacation is coming to an end :(

Hope you all have a wonderful, happy, healthy year, all the best to you and yours...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Received Principles of Geology by Charles Lyell in 3 volumes today. It was for payment. I have always wanted my own copies. No idea what it is worth as nobody has ever sold their copies. Very rare 6th edition 1840. Printed in London.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Received Principles of Geology by Charles Lyell in 3 volumes today. It was for payment. I have always wanted my own copies. No idea what it is worth as nobody has ever sold their copieYs. Very rare 6th edition 1840. Printed in London.
An account that suggests geological occurance takes more than 6 days (plus a day of rest) to manifest? Curious.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
An account that suggests geological occurance takes more than 6 days (plus a day of rest) to manifest? Curious.
Lyell and the Principles of Geology made the first published reference to Evolution as a conclusive fact. Lyell went forth to rebuke that the earth was 6000 years old also. So yes.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh... so the earth as we know it was not conceived during a cosmic acid trip taken by a higher being? Still curious, these wild assertions...
Not likely. Sorry about that. Do you have access to a Library And know the difference between Fiction and Non fiction? Marvel or Mystery? A Thousand or a Million? A day to a year?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No, I only know about spaceships in the sky, L Ron Hubbard style. I'm currently studying monetary greed theory.
You have successfully passed my test and win the Darwin award of rudimentary unconscious knowledge. Keep studying so that you can ride your bike whenever you want and have young maidens serve you waffles in the Bong Shed at a relatively young age.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
maybe...but it's just a compilation of a lot of used booksellers' inventories, isn't it? is there a surcharge to be listed that would lead to a significant price bump?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I used my knowledge and my time to earn my indulgence. Having had exposure to these Volumes in my young influential age I marveled at them. I have always managed to maintain a relationship with a library that contained a cohesive copy. Knew where it was and manipulated access of it a rather selfish way. To now have a copy of my own is priceless. I don't believe in Miracles. But surely I have been blessed. Happy New Year indeed!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I used my knowledge and my time to earn my indulgence. Having had exposure to these Volumes in my young influential age I marveled at them. I have always managed to maintain a relationship with a library that contained a cohesive copy. Knew where it was and manipulated access of it a rather selfish way. To now have a copy of my own is priceless. I don't believe in Miracles. But surely I have been blessed. Happy New Year indeed!
Juggs?