Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I would argue that Westy's feedback a mere two posts above would count as something other than good.
So sorry, please allow me to clarify. Prior to reading the above comments, I have only heard good things about i9. And I have literally seen hundreds of sets of them over the years locally.

Owning a set has kind of been a bucket list thing for me. Very stoked about it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So sorry, please allow me to clarify. Prior to reading the above comments, I have only heard good things about i9. And I have literally seen hundreds of sets of them over the years locally.

You can say my experiences are a sample size of one. But when I call them and say my freewheel bearing disintegrated, and they send me a band-aid redesigned freewheel, that mine was far from an isolated event.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've had a set of I9 29er wheels since 2008 and had them on two different bikes. I rode almost the entirety of the Kokopelli trail with the rear missing a spoke when I broke it on like mile two. Industry rebuilt it for me in 2012 (I think) and they were quick about it. While I don't doubt Westy's experience, mine has been the exact opposite. I couldn't be happier and would totally buy another set.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Westy also breaks cranksets, iirc. HULKRAGE.