Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rode sorta. Just a 30 minute easy spin on the roads, just to stay loose for my race tomorrow. I did not like getting passed by the same group of 15 roadies TWICE on a frikkin 9 mile road ride....I did not like that at all. :disgust: LET'S SEE THEM DO THAT WHEN I AM ACTUALLY TRYING.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Slowly waking up and will venture out for a long slow ride.

I just realized since getting sick, that I haven't had coffee in two days. Will fix it now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
First ride of the day is at 7:30 so I have to be at the show office picking up my walkie talkie in another 30 minutes. It looks like it's going to rain in a bit so I might bring my rain gear with me on the five minute walk from my camper to the office, I know rough commute

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Temps forecast in the 70's with blue skies all day.

Small trail ride of ~40 miles with ~6000ft planned, we'll see how this goes.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Rain. Rain. Rain. I've figured our gopro video, to I will try editing. Also have an optometrist appointment for a new prescription and Ray Bans, might consider turning my old frames into sunglasses depending on cost of lenses.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Been making smoothies almost every day lately. This one today is better than usual. Fresh banana, blackberry, and spinach. Plain yogurt, protein powder, flax seed. Splash of grape juice and frozen strawberries & bananas. Topped off with whole milk.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I feel like a wimp compared to @6thElement ride.

Just finished today's ride. Warmest day so far, I think, and the sweat pouring out of my helmet confirms that. Sitting trail side in my lawn chair, beer in hand and if it weren't for the damn bugs I'd be taking a nap.

Crushed some of the downhill trails...at one point I was sure that I had broken something after plowing through a pile of roots. Banshee came out good though. :)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ride this am was ok.
Stressful, sleepless week and inability to purge head and focus on ride left lots to be desired.
Hoping tomorrow goes better.

Took wife, boys and a random kid to a brewery opening.
The 10yos wound up cornholing with some 30yo women who were clearly yearning for kids of their own.
In hindsight I should've traded them for a hoodie or something useful.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nope. :disgust1:

Is old school or can you carry speed there?
In other words, can you even enduro bro?
You should, that place is legit. Oldest stuff is old school but they built a lot of meandering trails there too where you can carry some speed in the corners. Not much elevation but the rocks and features will drain your energy well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lunchtime, about 27 miles and 4000ft in so far.

39.5 miles, 6200ft of climbing. For those local: belcher, mustang, maverick, longhorn, whippletree, NTM loop, chimney, apex, hardscrabble; picknsledge, home.

3 snakes total, a green something on NTM, a belligerent rattler climbing chimney that I had to shuffle off the trail with a stick, and a bull snake on lower apex.

Good times with my wife, now ready to eat everything.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

39.5 miles, 6200ft of climbing. For those local: belcher, mustang, maverick, longhorn, whippletree, NTM loop, chimney, apex, hardscrabble; picknsledge, home.

3 snakes total, a green something on NTM, a belligerent rattler climbing chimney that I had to shuffle off the trail with a stick, and a bull snake on lower apex.

You sir just won the internets.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Another vote for bacon in the oven. Stick it on top of foil on a baking sheet then about 20 minutes at 400 F. Magic, I tell ya.

Today in Sunday-land we visited my grandmother again, went to Ginza, ate soba, udon, and tempura, then bought colored pencils and stationary trinkets at Itoya. I also coaxed the 1 year old to nap twice. Winning, in a Japanese domestic way. My dad flew in today and tomorrow we all head off to the hot springs at Nikko.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

:clapping: