Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
DH with a buddy today. Cooler is stocked with beer, water, candy and one root beer. Skies are blue as blue can be. Should be a great day.

Also sliced the tip of my index finger open on my bike pump last night. I'm such a wimp when it comes to slices, it looked like a mouth and now I'm refusing to look at it. :bad::no::rofl:

:cheers:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Slept 9.5 hours last night. I needed that. I would have kept sleeping but the cat had decided it was time for me to get up. Kind of hard to sleep with a cat clawing your face.

Got a big family picnic to attend today. It'll be nice to see all the aunts and uncles again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Took the family to The Wild Center in Tupper Lake yesterday. It was fun...hiking, seeing live river otters, cool history museum with fossils, bones, games, painting, etc. kids loved the giant tree walk (spider web up in the air and birds nest). Firewood today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My super super early ride plans turned into me waking up to a 5 AM alarm, deciding to FTS, then going back to sleep. I think I have a lingering cold from the second half of last week.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Durango trip was rained out, much to the surprise and chagrin of @Nick and @SkaredShtles I'm sure. Technically, those fools in DGO are still riding, but 70% chance of rain, with possible lightning while we're above 12k all damn day did not sound appealing. So I opted to fix my patio fence, then maybe go for a local ride later this afternoon. Dad is helping.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well it did not rain and I got a nice 90 minute trail ride in, while out I ran into the usual hacks and some guys from Texas who thought our little system was pretty bad ass. Having spent most of my riderhood in the PNW I know our trails are not bad ass but they are close to town and interconnected enough to ride a different combo everyday of the week. I made it 6 out of 7 days this week with 5 rides so far in the month of August.

:headbang:

Winning is more ride time than drive time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oppressive humidity here on the Cape. Morning ride was good. Beers are good. Steaks are on the grill.

Btw. big shout out to Town fair tire. They fixed my tire today (two nails) for whopping $4 - the cost of balancing the wheel.

This morning, at camp, Hilarie opened with asking what I wanted to do today. Proposed driving around playing turista, she said good, meet you at home in a short time. I did some errands, went home, watered plants, mowed some lawn, no H, so I started fiddling with the camper, finding all the hidden access covers for maintenance. I eventually emerged to find H in the house, grumpy, no, I don 't want to play turista.

I said fuck it and headed out for what turned out to be a four hour ride, Got rained on a little, which was refreshing, went back to camp, we went out to supper. Turned into a good day somehow...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another 70km day of DH is in the books. My hands are cooked.

Not sure what the hell happened, but midway through a trail I lost THREE chain ring bolts at the same freaking time. Ring was just hanging there by a thread and wedged itself into my chain guide, which also got pushed out of alignment. What the heck man.

Otherwise what an awesome day. My new tires need to get here right meow. Skating around on marbly and dusty as hell trails with missing knobs on the back tire is fun, but sketchy as heck.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Grilled salmon is le tasty. 6 minutes skin side down over medium heat then 2-3 minutes on each side with the searing burner on worked great for my wife's preferences. Perhaps I'll shave a minute or two off for me, as I like things closer to sashimi.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Been Fileting and cooking fish since the early 70s. I prefer to season both sides. Cooking fish is easy with the right pans or racks, Whether its BBQ grilling, pan frying or broiling, So when was the last time you had fish with the skin on in a nice restaurant?
Skin comes off after cooking it that side down.