Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Work. *le sigh*

Whist I was in Denver yesterday I did something foolish and stopped at the Nissan dealer in Aurora. Test drove a Leaf. While I have no need of another car, and am currently making payment of the wifes car for the foreseeable future, I now badly want a future space ship car. :(
#firstworlproblems

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
'Squeeb: check out used LEAF prices. They're eligible for the CO EV tax credit if you run a title report and prove it wasn't registered here before your ownership. Sweetens the deal even more. Car Max is a cheap way to transfer in, say, California cars to do this…

For our cold winters you'd want a 2013 or newer SV or SL as those have a heat pump instead of just resistive heater.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
My wife is taking an REI women's intro to mountain biking course up in Boulder today. All women participants, taught by a woman so low pressure, etc.

I am therefore shepherding the kids. My plan is to feed them, stick the baby in the trailer and Mariko on her pedal bike and do laps upon laps of the neighborhood until Mariko's thirst for riding is satiated.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride at Perry Hill was awesome yesterday. Simply amazing conditions. Burning spear, rastaman, Joe's and Disney Land. Wicked. Then dinner at The Reservoir. Had A kiss of sunshine and a Heady. Hooray for Vermont.

Today is Pittsfield. I think im in for a lot of climbing today...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
'Squeeb: check out used LEAF prices. They're eligible for the CO EV tax credit if you run a title report and prove it wasn't registered here before your ownership. Sweetens the deal even more. Car Max is a cheap way to transfer in, say, California cars to do this…

For our cold winters you'd want a 2013 or newer SV or SL as those have a heat pump instead of just resistive heater.
The stealership in Aurora is doing some sort of group buy thing, which is the only reason I even went and looked. 10500 off MSRP before tax incentives.

http://www.tynansnissanaurora.com/nissan-leaf-special.html

Squeeb, we can no longer ride together. I heard Leaf owners are prohibited from drinking beer...
Well that would certainly be a deal breaker for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

Still mildly sick, with a slightly irritated throat. I still feel a little foggy in general, though.

Rain is on tap for today, so not much riding. A ride is scheduled with some guys tonight and then a 40th birthday thing at a local micro-brewery. Then hopefully some DH tomorrow....rain rain go away. @mykel.

Going to spend the majority of today tinkering with the fork on my trail bike. Gotta get that rebound thing sorted.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The stealership in Aurora is doing some sort of group buy thing, which is the only reason I even went and looked. 10500 off MSRP before tax incentives.

http://www.tynansnissanaurora.com/nissan-leaf-special.html
Whoa. That is a smoking deal. If I weren't up to my ears in debt obligations already and actually had a use for a 3rd (or even 2nd) car I'd be all over that just to flip it after the tax refund hit. Er, I mean I'd intend to hold onto it at tax filing time and then would have a change of heart later on. :D

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Whoa. That is a smoking deal. If I weren't up to my ears in debt obligations already and actually had a use for a 3rd (or even 2nd) car I'd be all over that just to flip it after the tax refund hit. Er, I mean I'd intend to hold onto it at tax filing time and then would have a change of heart later on. :D
Yea, I can't justify it either. No car payment > smoking deal. Especially when I don't really need it, and the wife is driving a car that's 10 months old. Besides, the era of the +200 mile electric car, if not here already, is certainly dawning. You won't be able to get jack shit for a 100 mile Leaf on the secondary market the day after the +200 mile ones come out.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
My plan is to feed them, stick the baby in the trailer and Mariko on her pedal bike and do laps upon laps of the neighborhood until Mariko's thirst for riding is satiated.
Mariko rode for 57 minutes. At her pace, with stopping, etc. that was under 4 miles. :D

So I go for a ride with @Bunnista. About three miles in, mostly climbing, her dog Ruby decides to herd a porcupine and winds up with a snoot full of sharp rejoinders. Bunnista heads out with the dog and I head out pushing her bike while riding mine. Get to the road and continue pushing to my place, where I put the bike in my van and drive it to her place. She's still waiting at the vet's with Ruby, so I spend some time sitting on the porch scratching one of her cats, then return home.

Every ride an adventure...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had been away with work all week so wife and I went out for a small MTB ride from home today.

Hit five different parks, 33.3 miles, 5150ft of climbing. (Apex, Matthew Winters, Red Rocks, Mount Falcon, LOB, followed by climbing Grapevine Rd back to the start)

Hadn't hit a couple of those places before and I likely won't again in a hurry, but at least we had a good ride.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I ran a half marathon this morning in 1:33:38 and finished 29 out of 1000 or so overall. Not my best, but not bad coming off all my Ironman training. I'll take it! Then I got home and ran 5 more miles.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Too bad they're douched in bbq sauce like that.

Woke up hungover, made a day trip to Brattleboro with the girl and dog. Ate BBQ for dinner. Now watching Narcos.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not bad. Looks like a good was had by many monkies. :)

I've been home about 30 minutes after a day of riding with @Montana rider. I may make a trail report but I may not. We started in Pony Montana, at the bar, and headed up to a lake and then back down. THe ride was a combo of moto trail with extensive rock gardens, flowy single track and a bit of cow pasture. Some where on top of bald peak the wind was so strong at our backs it literally blew us up a climb. I overshot a half dozen switchbacks, Montana rider only admitted to 2...

After the ride we stopped back at the bar which was finally open and drank some sort of delicious dark beer while I ate a jalapeno cheese burger. Good times.

View media item 2954View media item 2956View media item 2952View media item 2949

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Postponed my Pisgah trip until Monday. Way too high of a chance for morning rain followed by afternoon thunderstorms on Sunday. Monday through Wednesday's forecast looks promising.

Did an easy ride on some local stuff then plowed through a plate of enchiladas at the Taqueria.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cracked rim is cracked and won't hold air any more. :rant:Perhaps ghetto tubeless will still work. A bit narrower asym. Nextie with the same ERD ordered as a replacement.