Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I don't like waking up in hotel rooms, especially when at altitude so that I feel all super desiccated.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Getting so, so much rain. Hopefully the trees are awake enough to drink this crap cause otherwise that's it for dry/semidry riding until April. FTS

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just walked 6 miles around my brothers ranch in keenesburg CO. Now off to Denver to visit mom in hospital then to other brothers house in Aspen Park.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Getting so, so much rain. Hopefully the trees are awake enough to drink this crap cause otherwise that's it for dry/semidry riding until April. FTS
Nah, the trails in Uwharrie drain very well. The worst you'll get is a little splatter here and there from the occasional puddle. I bet tomorrow afternoon it will be a bit wet but not muddy.

Went there last week because everything in the Triad was closed. The trails were wet in some spots but because of the rocks, no mud. And the Uwharrie trails never close.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
S'up monkies??? I went for another run today, at 5AM this morning. I didn't get far. It was super dark and I could not see the trail as well as I thought I would. Sunday the weather should be back to the 70s so a short run in the early AM and moderate trail ride while all the bad people are in Church trying to save their souls.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Semi eventful day. By lunch time only 1 green trail at the DH place was open, so I bailed on that and went to another local "DH" trail to ride for a bit. It looks like I should have just went to the hill as they opened a bunch more trails this afternoon. Oh well. Bike ride is a bike ride. I need to get my trail bike fixed ASAP, the local "DH" trails are not DH'y enough for the DH bike.

Also to note, while getting my stuff prepped to ride at the trail head, a mother and father combo in separate cars came driving by honking their horns. The mom stopped and said that they lost their kids in the forest. Wut. I'm not sure how that happens, she even said the kids (13 year olds) were in front of them and took a different fork in the trail. I asked if they had been in the forest before, she said yes, but I doubt its been many times because the forest is HOOOOGE. While it is bordered by roads, you could go in circles forever and there are lots of steep/deep valleys. So even if you hear someone yelling, it'll be hard to actually find them. I could tell she was about to cry so I just took her number and said that I'd call/text if I see them. Didn't even up finding them, so not sure how that played out. But damn.... I also didn't mention that I recently saw multiple bears in this forest. :busted::crazy:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 3:22:39 marathon today. FINALLY, I have qualified for the Boston Marathon. That shit's hard.

The walk of aching exhaustion after I crossed the finish line. I left it all out there. I didn't even smile.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hurricane cleared out for bro in law's mountaintop wedding. local beers, bbq, and bluegrass band. shot of where they got hitched:

he played first few tunes (on guitar here) to boot

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
'Morning. 3:22:39 marathon today. FINALLY, I have qualified for the Boston Marathon. That shit's hard.

The walk of aching exhaustion after I crossed the finish line. I left it all out there. I didn't even smile.

it would be fun to greet you at the end with a frosty adult beverage...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just walked 6 miles around my brothers ranch in keenesburg CO. Now off to Denver to visit mom in hospital then to other brothers house in Aspen Park.
is keenesburg like kansas?

aspen should be fantastic.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Excellent sushi tonight with co-workers. Vail Village is sprawling.