Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you gotta get up this early to beat the traffic?
From my house it's more about distance. Even if there is no traffic and I drive like a total a-hole, it's 2 hours to the closest ski area. If I stay south, which I tend to do, traffic is minimal anyway, but it's a bit further. I'd drive 100 extra miles happily to avoid I70 on a weekend.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It's just now occurring to me that doing searches for uranium, depleted uranium, tritium and deuterium on amazon and ebay might not have been a good idea. I'm just seeing what you can actually buy and this is now legally part of the chain of evidence.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's just now occurring to me that doing searches for uranium, depleted uranium, tritium and deuterium on amazon and ebay might not have been a good idea. I'm just seeing what you can actually buy and this is now legally part of the chain of evidence.
Just tell the feds you're making specialty bucking bars. We use tungsten bucking bars for some applications. They're awesome.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So I've been working on some novel materials experiments for my new "bucking bars." Just your standard amateur research in rodeo/automotive/music applications.
Those are going to be a hit at the Tehran Bucking Bar Expo.
Curious as to why you only bought a one way ticket though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Think Amazon carries centrifuges?

Fun reading on the subject:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought that was what library computers are for. There are still libraries, right?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just found out randomly that one of my favorite people/families to camp with in the desert will also be in Sayulita when we are there. They have a kid Ben’s age, which is nice because he will be sick of me. We are organizing a ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I thought that was what library computers are for. There are still libraries, right?
That’d be pretty trivial to cross-reference camera footage and searches to figure out who was searching for how to enrich uranium at home. NTTAWWT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Working on bumps. Shoulder bothering me. Went to see the ortho again yesterday and he thinks it is either a torn labrum or rotator cuff given my previous injuries. The crash and a/c damage might just have been a trigger to push the injuries into the light.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
So, this is interesting. The ski shop job I do to stay active, ski for free, and get my parts at cost just gave me a $2.00 an hour raise. In going over the rate of pay on Paycom, it appears they also have been underpaying me by $2.00 an hour since June, 2015.
my bad for not checking, but this isn’t my main source of income, so I looked at it more in terms of what I saved on cost/ep than what I actually earned.
I like the job and want to continue, but clearly I have to see how they respond to this. If they changed my rate of pay sometime and didn’t tell me this, it’s worse. Is there a ‘statue of limitations’ in which I have to dispute a pay rate, or some such?
they want me there, but this could mean thousands of dollars.
thoughts?
grab my stapler, and burn the place down?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just saw another open carry asshole walking around mah art district with his Freedom Wand strapped to his hip for everyone to see what a manly man he is. Fucking, Goddamn, coward, piece of shit, burn in fucking Hell you vulgar death monger !!!

Hard as Hell to sell fine, hand made crafts with these rednecks around.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, this is interesting. The ski shop job I do to stay active, ski for free, and get my parts at cost just gave me a $2.00 an hour raise. In going over the rate of pay on Paycom, it appears they also have been underpaying me by $2.00 an hour since June, 2015.
my bad for not checking, but this isn’t my main source of income, so I looked at it more in terms of what I saved on cost/ep than what I actually earned.
I like the job and want to continue, but clearly I have to see how they respond to this. If they changed my rate of pay sometime and didn’t tell me this, it’s worse. Is there a ‘statue of limitations’ in which I have to dispute a pay rate, or some such?
they want me there, but this could mean thousands of dollars.
thoughts?
grab my stapler, and burn the place down?
Under paid as in under minimum wage? Or they just lowered your pay one day and no one noticed?

Either way, bring it up. If they are a good place they'll fix it or make you whole in some way. Otherwise you seem like a reputable dude, so I'm sure there are other opportunities around town.

Just saw another open carry asshole walking around mah art district with his Freedom Wand strapped to his hip for everyone to see what a manly man he is. Fucking, Goddamn, coward, piece of shit, burn in fucking Hell you vulgar death monger !!!

Hard as Hell to sell fine, hand made crafts with these rednecks around.
A couple of years back when I was riding Elizabeth Furnace there was a sort of plastic hipster chica hiking and she was packing, which I found mildly amusing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I am *pretty sure* they will make it right. The question really is, how much leverage do I have?
I am thinking of asking the retroactive pay to include the new pay rate (meaning I would receive 4 dollars an hour for ~4000 hours), or am I getting greedy if I ask for more that the $2.00 retroactive? they have a reputation for some shady-ish business practices, I am sur they wouldn’t want this to get out. Or does that feel too blackmail-ey? Granted, we are talking some real cash here.
but I don’t want to be ‘that guy’. They changed to Paycom three years ago, though, and the transition wasn’t perfect, it might have happened then. Either way, someone should have caught it, IMO.
well above minimum wage, FWIW.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A couple of years back when I was riding Elizabeth Furnace there was a sort of plastic hipster chica hiking and she was packing, which I found mildly amusing.
Had a similar experience in Pisgah. Only she was in her 70s with a snack size doggie as her only companion. That kind of situation doesn't bother me.

But when I see guys packing in the Art District, which is a family friendly neighborhood by day, it makes my blood boil. It's so completely unnecessary and only serves as an attempt to intimidate others.

Had a similar experience in Pisgah. Only she was in her 70s with a snack size doggie as her only companion. That kind of situation doesn't bother me.

But when I see guys packing in the Art District, which is a family friendly neighborhood by day, it makes my blood boil. It's so completely unnecessary and only serves as an attempt to intimidate others.
Art district where? For some reason I thought you were in NYC, which ain't exactly open carry land...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, it seems I am an idiot. What crank options do I have for my bike? It seems the BB30 crank will work with an adapter but the spindle has to be at least 104mm and everything I have seen is shorter than that.

I was looking at some Truvativ XO carbon or Sram XX?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Upon reflection, unless they say they changed the rate of pay without telling me, I am just going to ask for the back pay, and see if they are willing to do anything else. Leave the ball in their court, as it were.
I don’t want no drama.