Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Today was the day to finally bite the bullet and try to figure out why our 4yo washer drum shakes and vibrates uncontrollably by tearing it completely apart.

Tomorrow is new washer day. Fuck you, Samsung.

View attachment 173336View attachment 173337
what the fuck

we just bought a samsung fridge (it was the only thing that fit through the basement door) before I realized how shit they are. I am praying that it hangs on for a few years- I'll have to take an axe to it to get it out.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The washer/dryer we got had nearly 5 star and high numbers of reviews when we got them. Now all I read is people with the same issues we've had. I've had to replace multiple electrical components already (one control board twice). Even had to make my own wiring harness section because 1 part got mangled due to improper securing from the factory. Now that it's finally been solid electrically/controls wise, the drum has gotten progressively worse. Was hoping the spider arm was broken as an obvious cause, but it was still in fact, just covered in shitloads of corrosion and washer slime. Cleaned everything up and assembled, all seems good spinning by hand, but once the motor kicks in for high speed spin cycles, it nearly wobbles itself out of the room. Once it hits about 400rpm and the VRT shit kicks in, it's fine. Makes no sense.

New shocks, bearings are good, drum spins true, stator/rotor look ok, spider looks ok (ie: one piece). I give up.

The dryer has been good at least....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hey NC monkies. I nominate one of you:

i would ban ebikes...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
rode the "chasing cancellaara" 20mi TT on zwift today. That was a bucket of fun. Nothing too crazy, but I managed to push myself to finish 99/150, passing two riders in the last two miles to do so. It's fun pushing hard and digging deep to get there. Cycling might be the first sport I've ever actually wanted to work at in order to get better.

Also, my dumb ass didn't realize that my smart trainer does not have a built in power meter but rather measures power based on some algorithm...so I need to sort that out. Fingers crossed it's been under-reading my power levels. Won't matter for training, but it will matter for racing and dick measuring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today was the day to finally bite the bullet and try to figure out why our 4yo washer drum shakes and wobbles uncontrollably by tearing it completely apart.

Tomorrow is new washer day. Fuck you, Samsung.

View attachment 173336View attachment 173337

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The washer/dryer we got had nearly 5 star and high numbers of reviews when we got them. Now all I read is people with the same issues we've had. I've had to replace multiple electrical components already (one control board twice). Even had to make my own wiring harness section because 1 part got mangled due to improper securing from the factory. Now that it's finally been solid electrically/controls wise, the drum has gotten progressively worse. Was hoping the spider arm was broken as an obvious cause, but it was still in fact, just covered in shitloads of corrosion and washer slime. Cleaned everything up and assembled, all seems good spinning by hand, but once the motor kicks in for high speed spin cycles, it nearly wobbles itself out of the room. Once it hits about 400rpm and the VRT shit kicks in, it's fine. Makes no sense.

New shocks, bearings are good, drum spins true, stator/rotor look ok, spider looks ok (ie: one piece). I give up.

The dryer has been good at least....
Currently have a set of Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer that are 10 years old. They've been moved once. I have replaced the drum belt tensioner in the dryer 2x and heating element once. Still only about $250 in repairs total. Never had an issue with the washer. We had hard water here and just running the cleaning tab 2-3x per year has been sufficient. Oh, and they're cheap too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got first round of quotes for the counters. Not cheap, but not unexpected. Also found out how much MIL1 is paying me for selling the condo - 2.8% she would have paid a broker for making the deal. So... I'm not paying for the counters. :eek: :thumb:

Wifey might want some other stuff now, so that's now becoming a thing...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So, he should just machine a new spider arm out of stainless? That the take away?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well that worked out well. 1h20m up to Mary Jane, front row parking in Corona lot, 3-1/2 hours of skiing with nary a lift line.

Nice snow to boot, as long as you stayed on northerly aspects.

Pepe Osaka's for spicy tuna nachos and fish tacos, then 1h25m home.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went skiing today. It was cold as expected. It was fun. Food truck in the Parking lot was good (had the Frito Pie, next time I will get the Chili Dogs 2 for $10 and a Genny) Beers were had. I didn't drive at all.

Last edited: