Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:mad:

Late evening phone call with bad news. Old college roommate and good friend in the ICU. Apparently Dan has been finding post divorce solace in the form of several handles of Vodka a week for some time and tried to quit cold turkey on new years. His body did not react well. Dumb mother fucker is lucky a ventilator was available. Got a lot of conflicting emotions about this one. His ex-wife was a good friend in highschool, and the divorce was definitely his fault. Haven't talked to him in a while because I'm pretty sure I'd say some angry things, but I do still care deeply about both of them.

FTS, imma go skiing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:mad:

Late evening phone call with bad news. Old college roommate and good friend in the ICU. Apparently Dan has been finding post divorce solace in the form of several handles of Vodka a week for some time and tried to quit cold turkey on new years. His body did not react well. Dumb mother fucker is lucky a ventilator was available. Got a lot of conflicting emotions about this one. His ex-wife was a good friend in highschool, and the divorce was definitely his fault. Haven't talked to him in a while because I'm pretty sure I'd say some angry things, but I do still care deeply about both of them.

FTS, imma go skiing.

Sorry to hear that...I think? Hope he recovers.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Planned to pedal to nowhere last night but fell asleep at 8:30 on the couch.

I shall achieve a nowhere pedal soon. Mrs has errands to run today so kiddo and I will try to not burn the house down. Bike shop has requested I take nice photos of my new bike so he can do the whole social media thing. :fancy:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i watched this is what democracy looks like on cspan last night....

sadly....i missed the part where matt gaetz was nearly physically assaulted...

bravo cspan....best shit i watched this year...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Suspect my younger boy has a broken finger from getting stomped on by older brother. Bailing on ski practice to go seek medical attention.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Suspect my younger boy has a broken finger from getting stomped on by older brother. Bailing on ski practice to go seek medical attention.
Doctor suspects fracture. At imaging clinic to get x-ray. If it's fractured, I'll have to go to ER for cast. Been trying to avoid the ER...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Small hike today I guess. Weather is still shit.

Haven't seen the sun in what feels like weeks. My solar powered security cameras are all starting to die because of it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The Winter mud season continues. We got rain topped by 1" of wet snow yesterday and above freezing temps last night, a bit less than ideal. It may finally get a bit more cold tomorrow morning, that would be nice.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran the Disney Half Marathon in 1:38 this morning. Now I've just got the marathon to do tomorrow and am hoping I can keep the same pace going for that (7:30/mile). Contrary to what this pic might indicate, I did not actually win the race today. Probably top 100 though out of 12000 or so. Still waiting for final results.

1000000811.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah just had her 5yr check-up.

Dr to me: Given her height, how thin and muscular she is, and the fact that she hasn't stopped moving since she's been here, she'll probably be an athlete as she gets older. Just keep directing her to do active things and it will help her stay healthy.

Dr to Hannah: Is there anything you like doing?

Hannah: I swim and do gymnastics. But I need to be taller to go karting.

Dr:

:rofl: :rofl:

Haven't talked to him in a while because I'm pretty sure I'd say some angry things, but I do still care deeply about both of them.
Proves the point that you still care. Can't get angry about someone you don't care about.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran the Disney Half Marathon in 1:38 this morning. Now I've just got the marathon to do tomorrow and am hoing I can keep the same pace going for that (7:30/mile). Contrary to what this pic might indicate, I did not actually win the race today. Probably top 100 though out of 12000 or so. Still waiting for final results.

View attachment 187411
1. That's cool.
2. 3 back to back days? What's wrong with you? Seriously. You and @6thElement got some kind of pain addiction.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Grr. Leaky old roof on pole-barn shop is sending my “rain anxiety” through the roof. I am getting uncomfortably comfortable working on a 2.5 story metal roof.

I may join the local group ride tomorrow.The resultant suffering should take my mind off the rain…

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rainy and wet, so perfect cross bike weather. :D
Did not feel too bad on the bike although there was little riding the last weeks. Win!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Have you heard of thru hiking ?:rofl: It’s not as fast but 15-20 miles a day for five months will definitely bring the pain.
I would totally be interested in thru-biking the AT, if I could do it by bike, and stay in hotels and B&B’s every night. Also with lots of shuttles. And no packs or panniers or any bike packing garbage like that. And no pesky hikers on the trail to bust me.
Then yeah….totally in!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well fuckity fuck. old dishwasher had a plug on the back and hardwired into a box under the sink; new dishwasher is hardwired into the back and would plug into an outlet...hrmfff.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
horrible non-electrician question...could i just cut the plug end off of the old cord, strip the housing, and use that to hardwire into the panel under the new dishwasher?
Yes, absolutely. Even easier might be to cut the plug off the new dishwasher, strip those wires and then wire into your existing hardwire point.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
horrible non-electrician question...could i just cut the plug end off of the old cord, strip the housing, and use that to hardwire into the panel under the new dishwasher?
Or you could have an electrician come out and do it for you, safely, and to code. Thus satisfying any requirements from your home owners insurance should a fire occur.