Quantcast

@@@ Saturday GTM £££

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Start here: https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/thirds-not-fried-hay.292681/post-4549521

But really, not much to say. Broke my back at MSA. :thumbsdown:

thanks @Changleen , but even with that, I'm not sure my wife will let me ride dh anymore. One things for sure, I will not be riding machine built flow trails anymore.
Holy shit dude, don't know how I missed this either, but I'm glad you're doing well enough to post updates for us poo flingers. Keep up the good attitude, and it will do you wonders.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thanks for checking. Just got out of surgery. They fused my D10-11-12. Sounds like everything went well. On the long road to recovery now. I definitely channeled the healing vibes that were sent from around the world. Thank you all. You are all wonderful people!View attachment 164134
That is good that everything is going well.

Which part of Vietnam was it? That trail is gnarly fast in spots, can't even imagine. It wasn't the stupid drop off the bridge, on the trail crossing, was it?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Kid seems to be on the mend from the stomach flu he had the last couple days, abd of course now the wife caught it. Had big plans this weekend, looks like I’m on chicken soup, Gatorade and kid watching duty instead.

washed my hands about 700x so far in an attemp to not get sick, we’ll see how that pans out

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That is good that everything is going well.

Which part of Vietnam was it? That trail is gnarly fast in spots, can't even imagine. It wasn't the stupid drop off the bridge, on the trail crossing, was it?
It was just past that trail crossing (with the stop sign). Its kind of straight and not steep, with some small table tops thrown in that are really kicky. I was squashing the tables, and mistimed the last one I guess, caus it kicked me forward. I rode a nose wheelie for a bit, then went otb and crumpled. In hindsight I think the thing to do would have been to just overshoot the small ones and slow down for that last one, which was bigger than the rest...

or maybe hindsight would have had me join up with you to ride le massif! (Though it sounds like this was a lady-friend type of vacation)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thanks for checking. Just got out of surgery. They fused my D10-11-12. Sounds like everything went well. On the long road to recovery now. I definitely channeled the healing vibes that were sent from around the world. Thank you all. You are all wonderful people!
Great news slyfink. Have been thinking about you these past couple of days. Wishing you a solid recovery. Is the plan to continue staying in QC while you do your rehab?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Great news slyfink. Have been thinking about you these past couple of days. Wishing you a solid recovery. Is the plan to continue staying in QC while you do your rehab?
Thanks for the well wishes.

I will be staying in QC but only long enough for me to be stable enough to go home. Hopefully later this week. My biggest issue is that my hamstrings were stretched or strained in the crash. And I can't sit on them. I can get up and walk around though, in fact I went through 1 hour walk to the hospital today, which felt super good.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thanks for the well wishes.

I will be staying in QC but only long enough for me to be stable enough to go home. Hopefully later this week. My biggest issue is that my hamstrings were stretched or strained in the crash. And I can't sit on them. I can get up and walk around though, in fact I went through 1 hour walk to the hospital today, which felt super good.
Man, amazing to hear you could go walk around. That’s great and must have been some sort of relief! Is there a masseuse for those hamstrings? Have a good trip back home.