Quantcast

<< Saturday GTM >>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working 7-5 today and tomorrow, as I do periodically (4.5 weekends per year, to be specific).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Heading out for some breakfast, which is by far my favorite meal to eat out. Still have head cooties, not impressed. But I have had coffee, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Counting the days for cast removal (6). Going down to the Columbia River Gorge today for a family outing. Maryhill Museum, Everybodys Brewing in White Salmon, then Ben Harper at the Maryhill amphitheater. Bring it on! Haven't been to a show since kiddo was born, besides Raffi...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode 120 miles on the tri bike today (as in one hundred and twenty). 18.5 mph. 4300' of elevation gain, so pretty flat as these things go, but the same as the race I'm training for. Ran 4 miles after too. I has teh tireds.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did 4 great DH runs this morning, thought we'd go for 5 morning runs, 10000ft vert, to match yesterday.

Halfway up the 15 minute chair ride the thunder started. By the top it was hailing/raining hard.

That was an interesting final descent, cold and excessively muddy by the bottom of the mountain.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's ride started with some spitting rain, then half way through it was as if someone turned on the shower full blast.

Good times.

Going home to thai food and world cup replay action.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In regards to a discussion the other day about @jonKranked and 2 hour climbs and mountain size, I took a look at the map.

On Thursday's ride from the hotel to top of Black Mountain was an elevation gain of almost 2100ft. Didn't think I had enough time to do all of BM so I went up Maxwell cove to Pressley Gap which is a common after work route for locals. From there I went the opposite direction and rode/hiked up to the top, which is still quite a ways from the trailhead. But where I turned around is where all the uber chunk starts. You drop 1148 ft in just under a mile back to Pressley Gap. It's steep, rutted, very rocky and has plenty of roots to grab yer spokes. Then after that there is some more climbing then rippin dh to the end.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In regards to a discussion the other day about @jonKranked and 2 hour climbs and mountain size, I took a look at the map.

On Thursday's ride from the hotel to top of Black Mountain was an elevation gain of almost 2100ft. Didn't think I had enough time to do all of BM so I went up Maxwell cove to Pressley Gap which is a common after work route for locals. From there I went the opposite direction and rode/hiked up to the top, which is still quite a ways from the trailhead. But where I turned around is where all the uber chunk starts. You drop 1148 ft in just under a mile back to Pressley Gap. It's steep, rutted, very rocky and has plenty of roots to grab yer spokes. Then after that there is some more climbing then rippin dh to the end.
That's a savage climb from the firepit.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's been over two months since I tore my calf muscle. It's been torture not being able to go Mt Bike or Backpacking this summer. Today I said I think its healed and I went Mt Biking. Success. no pain, 10 miles of trails, 2800' of climbing and fast rocky descents. I have been home for two hours and the leg still feels great. PARTY TIME

the fun part of todays ride

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It's been over two months since I tore my calf muscle. It's been torture not being able to go Mt Bike or Backpacking this summer. Today I said I think its healed and I went Mt Biking. Success. no pain, 10 miles of trails, 2800' of climbing and fast rocky descents. I have been home for two hours and the leg still feels great. PARTY TIME

the fun part of todays ride

Where did you hear it at? Mine was a gastroc medial tear and took me six months before I was totally normal, a year later I had to go back to it it due to scar tissue...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Where did you hear it at? Mine was a gastroc medial tear and took me six months before I was totally normal, a year later I had to go back to it it due to scar tissue...
nice audible pop near the mesial proximal head with instant pain and lock up. then I did some more damage a week later. I took it easy for the first two weeks lots of RICE. Then I started walking, lots of short walks every day. At 5 weeks I started riding the road bike on relatively flat rides. started hills two weeks ago. Today was a really big step up but I seem to have done it right. Heck I was back on the fire line 5 months after having the distal head of my biceps tendon surgically reattached. i heal rather fast and well.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Another humid ride today. Can I has some cool weather, please? And a cheesburger. And Mirage DIPA from Nightshift - my new favorite DIPA.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
nice audible pop near the mesial proximal head with instant pain and lock up. then I did some more damage a week later. I took it easy for the first two weeks lots of RICE. Then I started walking, lots of short walks every day. At 5 weeks I started riding the road bike on relatively flat rides. started hills two weeks ago. Today was a really big step up but I seem to have done it right. Heck I was back on the fire line 5 months after having the distal head of my biceps tendon surgically reattached. i heal rather fast and well.
Nice you were able to get walking that fast, I was off my feet for almost 6weeks before I could bear any weight.......

Amazing how easily they tear isn't it....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thai food since our go-to in Poncha is oddly closed...
For the love of all that is holy, please tell me you don't mean the place that's right at the intersection of 285/50 that purports to be a Thai food/burger joint. We stopped there on Super Bowl sunday a couple years back when the donkeys were playing. They were the only place we could find open and they told us they were only doing take out because everything was so dead that day. For some reason I can't recall they also weren't doing any actual Thai food, so we had to order from the "Burger bar" menu. Family universally agreed it was the worst dining experience since casa del Sol. Cardboard, flavorless burger, awful fries, and chicken nuggets so bad even the 9 year old wouldn't eat them after a full day skiing. If they fuck up burgers that bad I can't imagine how bad the Thai food is.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
For the love of all that is holy, please tell me you don't mean the place that's right at the intersection of 285/50 that purports to be a Thai food/burger joint. We stopped there on Super Bowl sunday a couple years back when the donkeys were playing. They were the only place we could find open and they told us they were only doing take out because everything was so dead that day. For some reason I can't recall they also weren't doing any actual Thai food, so we had to order from the "Burger bar" menu. Family universally agreed it was the worst dining experience since casa del Sol. Cardboard, flavorless burger, awful fries, and chicken nuggets so bad even the 9 year old wouldn't eat them after a full day skiing. If they fuck up burgers that bad I can't imagine how bad the Thai food is.
You know...I think that's the place. The Thai is really good, at least the... 5 or 6 times we've been there. :D

For the record - we had tasty Asian stuff at The Asian Palate in Beeyoona Vista.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
I had forgotten the difference between a single crown fork and a triple crown fork. I had the 5" travel, triple crown, Marzocchi Jr T on the bike today and it made riding through the rock gardens so damn easy.. It is going to stay on the bike