Quantcast

Saturday <insert emojis here>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
one upside of Baby Aya puking in the bunk room a few minutes ago is that while we clearly had to strip the bed and throw all that in the washing machine, we didn’t have to remake it. just shifted her to another already made bunk, and shifted Yuna before the whole cleanup process begun across the hall to her own dedicated room.

(her and thus us skiing tomorrow is looking to be low likelihood now. ill-fated weekend. big kids will have their last week of Devo as planned.)

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Good morning

The 2024 gardening season has begun!

it’s overcast in Portugal today, perfect for planting the 20 jalapeno plants and 24 Big Jim green chile plants that my wife has started since January. This year I begged her to stagger the planting so they do the all produce at once. So there will be several more batches of seedlings to plant in the coming months. We learned last year that you can have too much green chile, but you can never have too many jalapenos.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why did I wake up this early? Also, everything hurts badly from all of the shoveling yesterday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fastenal not being open today is suboptimal. Need a strong grade of 1" x 6" bolt, washers and nuts to replace the king bolt which broke on the plow a few days ago...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Good morning

The 2024 gardening season has begun!

it’s overcast in Portugal today, perfect for planting the 20 jalapeno plants and 24 Big Jim green chile plants that my wife has started since January. This year I begged her to stagger the planting so they do the all produce at once. So there will be several more batches of seedlings to plant in the coming months. We learned last year that you can have too much green chile, but you can never have too many jalapenos.
I still have 300 Habaneros and 40 ghost peppers in my freezer from last season. And yes I will grow more this year

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

City showed up yesterday evening and cleared out the power line, so now I have a giant pile of debris to deal with. Saw Dune pt 2 last night. First time in the theatre since the last Star Wars, i think? Maybe I'll hop on the spinner. Espresso before all things though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early, as there were errands to be run. Check that off the list. Well, at least most of them.

What to do with my day. Likely take the child for a walk or bike ride somewhere.

Fastenal not being open today is suboptimal. Need a strong grade of 1" x 6" bolt, washers and nuts to replace the king bolt which broke on the plow a few days ago...
If you're desperate enough to take the ride, McGuckins in Boulder has 4, 1"x6" grade 8 bolts in stock.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
st patty's day parade in levittown pa cancelled because of tom foolery....

stay classy hometown.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it say bruvs. I ran 18 miles this morning and am glad to get that done. Slamming down a pbj now before heading off to another dog rescue volunteer shift. My handling assignment today is this handsome fella, Maximus. Hopefully he won't eat me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got the Volvo back. There were some small spots of buffing compound splattered over the black trim but it looks pretty good otherwise. They idled my tank down to nearly empty and I had to stop at a Hollywood tourist gas station across the street from the shop and pay a few extra bucks to fill up.

Now for food & coffee.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A deer died in the open space behind our house overnight, maybe 100yds away. A coyote just walked through the yard on the way to start ripping it apart. Then about 10min later a fox showed up for breakfast too. It's some straight-up BBC shit going on in our backyard right now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A deer died in the open space behind our house overnight, maybe 100yds away. A coyote just walked through the yard on the way to start ripping it apart. Then about 10min later a fox showed up for breakfast too. It's some straight-up BBC shit going on in our backyard right now.

Growing up the family golden retriever would occasionally come home with large chunks deer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wait till the carrion birds find out

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know what would be worse?

If nothing large ate it and it and a plague of flies and the stench of death settled in on the neighborhood.
There are a bunch of coyotes and foxes in the neighborhood, with the occasional appearance of bobcats and mountain lions. I assume it will get chomped on quickly or the city will dispose of it promptly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are a bunch of coyotes and foxes in the neighborhood, with the occasional appearance of bobcats and mountain lions. I assume it will get chomped on quickly or the city will dispose of it promptly.
Neighborhood cats and Chihuahuas will be safe for a day.