Quantcast

:::: Saturday, it's a Saturday GTM ::::

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow I was tried yesterday. Did not get much sleep on the red eye back to Europe. Finally getting some rain today in what has been a very dry spring. I planted some new grass that needs it and I don't have to water.

Right now its coffee and water as I am in need of both to kick start the weekend! Hopefully a chill bike ride later today to kill of the jet lag.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Girlfriend managed to twist her ankle getting a massage a couple days ago... not sure how the h*ck she did that but it’s really bothering her today.

So I’m walking the dogs, then heading up to the ski hill for Corn Harvest, an annual fundraiser for the Colorado Avalanche Information Center.

Today will be ski day 47... kinda chasing my first 50-day season here. Thinking powder hooky day on Tuesday, then Drinko de Mayo next Saturday, then closing day at Loveland on Sunday.

Bam!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My GF is working as an Agent for our female friend who is going for a world freediving record in 2020 (115 or 130m, not sure which since many numbers get thrown around). I organized some redbull filmmakers / youtubers for her training so we had a fun day. A whole olympic diving pool just for the 6 of US. Free freediving training. Apparently freediving is all about just being relaxed and then fighting breathing spasms. On the dry it's super uncomfortable but in water it's doable. 2m40s no breathing on first try seems like a good start for someone who visits the pool once every 5 years. Fun day.

Also after asking "so how do you know you run out of air if you fight breathing spasms" the answer is - you lose consciousness.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It was a beautiful bluebird day. Now it's so fogged in I can barely see the other side of our living room.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ate something that didn't settle well yesterday and was up every hour evacuating the rear pipe. Obviously slept like crap. Friends over for dinner tonight, so I need to clean the house while still on that edge of having to go to the bathroom... Giddy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Made the kids pancakes with vanilla and lime juice added. That worked well.

Avengers: Endgame tonight! Babysitter for all 3 kids, and me and the wife headed down to the 15/70 true IMAX theater.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ate something that didn't settle well yesterday and was up every hour evacuating the rear pipe. Obviously slept like crap. Friends over for dinner tonight, so I need to clean the house while still on that edge of having to go to the bathroom... Giddy.
Dinner has been cancelled! Yeah!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I echo the rain comments. I was going to ride the tri bike for 40 miles on the mean streets of the Connecticut suburbs, but said rain sent me to the bike trainer for two hours. It sure would have been nice to ride outside, but I am still happy to be pedaling for two hours. I watched the movie It, which helped pass the time. Never saw it before.

With wife out of town for the weekend, I bought myself a two pound sirloin steak for dinner. I didn't know it was that big (twss) until the butcher put it on the scale. Whoops. On sale for $7/lb. Score. It will be accompanied by a roasted acorn squashed and chopped up potatoes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ruth is down at Del Mar in San Diego competing in a International Level Dressage show She is the only Amateur entered. She held her own against the top west coast professional riders today. Many of these riders have competed at the Olympics and World Cup.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
At the coffee shop and trying to read. I can hear a lady and guy with a SoCal bro accent having a conversation about movies... as the guy is loudly practicing what sounds like Cantonese. Lots of pausing and hmmm-ing and no natural cadence, punctuated by “how do you say...?”
I have found a new level of hell.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Chill day turned into more gardening therapy with a trip to the nursery, planting and moving plants. This was my favourite of the things we bought today:

For many years I used to claim I would never have a garden and now I love it. My mom used to love it too and her whole family was farmers so its in the genes. Planting new stuff besides giving the garden a some extra color and variation helps clean up too and get the worst weeds out of a garden that has been neglected for a long time. Good way to get rid of the jet lag too.

Tomorrow I need to get back on the bike and test our my new bell. Bought another Spurcycle bell which is a piece of art and works really well. Here in Denmark people can get angry if you do not use your bell to tell them you are coming I even got yelled at for not rining my bell once:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Randomly ran into some really good friends at Costco and decided to get lunch at Yard House. First thing I really ate in two days beyond some macadamia nuts. It was really good, but my bowels still haven't settled, so that lasted about 2 hours. It was intake, which I really needed though.

We bought a new patio dining set for the deck and it was way cheaper than what Wifey was originally pointing out. I won bringing the cost down 15% by just putting a bench on one side, even though she didn't want one. Still hurt on dollars, but 0% for 12 months ftw; I can put the cash into t-bills for 2.5% for the year.

Took Haley's bike to the shop to blow dry the grip out and put in hairspray. The guys loved the setup and just did it no cost. The guy helping us actually called a few other guys from around the corner to check it out. Haley was telling them that her favorite racer is Rachel from England (Atherton) and they were digging it. Just a few more weekends and dirt season starts...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Crushed ourselves with a road ride of 64.5 miles, 7100ft vert, topped out at 9000ft.

Bison burgers going on the grill again momentarily.