Quantcast

Saturday Morning ride

splat

Nam I am
Woo Hoo, got out today , got ready too meet every one so I got grab my Bike ,and the fron tire is Flat , and there is a broken spoke on the rear wheel. I had not planned on using studs today , but They were on a set of wheel all ready to go , so I grabbed them threw them on the bike and off I went. Got over to Wendy's right on time.

Studes were not really needed , but in a couple of place they were nice ( OK they saved my Skin once ) . it was about 25 debrees out andthe ground was frozen solid

any way we had a good group,

Here is the Silver turtle on the frame twister ledge , he is still riding the Specilized Demo bike while his is still in the shop

Smoking Joe , on the Berm

LBS owner On the Berm

Silver Turtle Once again

For the most part , the trails were clear of Snow , but every so oftem we'd run into a pactch of it.

Demo Hucking a table top

Trying to ride along the off camber rock , here his tire slipped out.

and Finally Yous truely doing a Tree ride. at this point the batteries in my Camera died :(

Hopefully will add more pics later , when Demo Posts his.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
nice it is sub-zero wind chill here!!! we planned a ride for Sunday am, but it is going to be even colder!!!:nonono:

the state of the weather has got me down!!! I can only pile on clothes to be comfy down to about the low to mid 20's then the clothes just get to bulky to function!!!:(

looks like you had some nice weather, a great ride and great pics as always!!!

splat

Nam I am
hooples3 said:
great pics as always!!! do the studded tires grab too much on the dirt??????
the major problem with using Studded tires when you don't need them is

1) they are only 1.95, so they are narrow ( at least Mine are )
2) On rocks I don't feel I have as good a grip.
3) the rocks tear the studs out of the tire ( especially true with Nokians ) and the tires are Expensive!!

on the plus side , they give you great traction on trees and roots, not to mention the ice patches

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Mordax said:
thats a lot of armor for that kind of riding, heh
guess it'd keep ya warm so whatever
when you get older you lose that ability to "bounce" so extra armor is required. or so i have been told seeing as how im only 17.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
gnurider1080 said:
when you get older you lose that ability to "bounce" ...
Tis' very very true. Seems like anytime I hit the ground I've got the wind knocked out of me for a scary length of time. WTF is up with that?
Take your hits now so you have the skills to avoid them later :D .
[But post pics so us senile ol' diaper wearing bastards can point and laugh :weee:]

Once again, thanx for the shots Splat!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as per my post earlier... my Brother in law had other ideas about what to do when it is sub zero out... so Sunday morn. we got into replacing my front entry door, complete with sidelights... we had a 65"by 84" opening in the front of my house for the better part of 3 hours:eek: !!! the worst part is when my riding buddies called from the trail to taunt me!!!:nonono:

splat

Nam I am
More Pics from Demo.

DEMO said:
Splat in the short snow squall we hit.Nice riding with you.

Karl (62) also in the snow having fun.That was fun.To bad I didn't take any pics a bit later.It snowed enough to cover the ground and leave tracks.FUN STUFF

On with the show.Kev shooting up a submarine rock to successfully ride the line and come down the other side making it look easy.

Jeff our trusty LBS owner-mechanic and generally great helper on the trails, as he comes out of a corner on the Nemba Trail.

The old man off the kitchen table top.

The Teacher teaching one of the ways he knows...by example,as he shoots down the rock race.

Some rocky single track WITHOUT SNOW. We definately were given a day to ride by old mother nature.How lucky we were to be riding in the middle of Feb.

Big Mac coming around on the Nemba trail.