Quantcast

Saturday Morning SST?

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'm thinking of heading down to ride for a while. Anybody else for a little bit of mud? I plan on being at the parking lot around 9:30. :thumb:

Tom

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
bikeguy100k said:
I'm thinking of heading down to ride for a while. Anybody else for a little bit of mud? I plan on being at the parking lot around 9:30. :thumb:

Tom
that works, i might just have to meet you down there :)

congrats on the milestone btw! :thumb:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Mud? What mud??? It was actually dryish out there today...some tacky goodness as well.
If there IS a tomorrow after the NWD V party, then perhaps I may get there a little bit behind you. Won't be like it was last week as I rolled by ya' in the lot on the way in.

If we don't catch you out there, have some happy rips!!

p.s. - don't know if anybody else has tried this yet but when you go just halfway up to start a run, roll into that spot in the middle area between the tiny gap and the 4 ft. drop/rolldown and start up on that angled approach. The speed you can get before the S-Curve is much better. It's a little safer as well.
If you still want to start along the road into the gap landing, please look up to be sure nobody's ripping down from up top.:thumb:

I only bring that up because I nearly nailed a kid rolling in there as I was rolling down from the top section and I'm extremely alert when I ride. Somebody with slower reflexes would have tagged him and it wouldn't have been a pretty scene.
I trimmed down alot of the nettles, etc. that were kind of obstructing a few spots so it's easier to see if you look.
As is the norm, signage will be put in place as a friendly reminder.:D

After deliberating (and smelling my funky riding clothes), I decided to hold off on the SST today to instead do laundry, bike maintenance and rest up since I'm pretty much going to be out there the entire day tomorrow.
Hope fun was had out there today!!

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Sorry I didn't make SST today. My car broke down last night on the way home :angry: so I've had to deal with that.

I'm better off than one guy who had his whole car jacked from the Spot last night!

Firerider didn't make it out there either this morning, so he owes us all still a run in a GHY thong ;)

HOpe you had fun!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Megan Black said:
Sorry I didn't make SST today. My car broke down last night on the way home :angry: so I've had to deal with that.

I'm better off than one guy who had his whole car jacked from the Spot last night!

Firerider didn't make it out there either this morning, so he owes us all still a run in a GHY thong ;)

HOpe you had fun!
Yeah, laundry has been BLISS!!
Sorry to hear about your breakdown last night - did you ever get your food??? As I'm not totally sure who Firerider is, I might have to miss the thong-run.:eek:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Megan Black said:

HOpe you had fun!
I hate cars for just that reason! :angry: Sorry you couldn't make it. I wanted to high-five you for the mini skirt hucks!

I had a good ride. Met up with 3 other guys. I did hit the tree drop four times in a row on our way out. :love: That drop is so cool. It's a mental thing because of the gap, but really easy to hit just right.

PM me your email and I'll send you the video from my first attempt at it! :D

I will be out there again next week, I'll need my fix once again!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Tom is officially addicted. Next thing you know, he's going to be ditching work to get some quality time in during the week...not that I know anything about that.
I'm so addicted to that hip at the bottom right that I usually have no energy left for the treedrop on the way back to the lot.:(

I'll try to make it a point to be out there in an exclusive riding capacity next Sat.:thumb:

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
bikeguy100k said:
I hate cars for just that reason! :angry: Sorry you couldn't make it. I wanted to high-five you for the mini skirt hucks!

I had a good ride. Met up with 3 other guys. I did hit the tree drop four times in a row on our way out. :love: That drop is so cool. It's a mental thing because of the gap, but really easy to hit just right.

PM me your email and I'll send you the video from my first attempt at it! :D

I will be out there again next week, I'll need my fix once again!
way to own it bikeguy! we'll definitely meet up there again for riding and high-fiving.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Yeah, laundry has been BLISS!!
Sorry to hear about your breakdown last night - did you ever get your food??? As I'm not totally sure who Firerider is, I might have to miss the thong-run
haha, nah but that's okay cause i didn't want chicken strips anyway!

dood, firerider is the one and only marco polo, i KNOW you guys wouldn't have wanted to miss his thong run :D

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Megan Black said:
dood, firerider is the one and only marco polo, i KNOW you guys wouldn't have wanted to miss his thong run :D
Let me think about that one for a while. Hmmmmm......................

(after a while)........I'm sure he'd do the same for me. Besides, I've seen Mr. Bibbs' butt tore open on A-Line - so that couldn't be much worse...could it?