Quantcast

Saturday Ride pics

splat

Nam I am
I'm glad I got my Ride in this morning because right now it is snowing , my yard is all white , and my son is out side right now making a snow man.

so This morning I got up early and met up with IF_rider and we rode . it was about 37 degrees , a bit nippy , once you got riding it didn't feel cold.

IF doing a roller

IF dropping.

Well IF rider had to get back by 10 for his sons soccer game , so He crusied on Back to the car , and I went over to meet up with another group who were meeting at 10. I had a little time to kill so I went Via a new Bike trail that is being built . I Like the Artsy gate.

So I met up With Voss, the silver turtle , Carl and Donny.

Here isthe silver turtle showoing off the Brand new Trail SX !

My camera was acting strangly ( ok the Batteries were dying ) so I had trouble getting soem shots . but it seamed to work in rock garderns.

Donny coming up the step line , and getting stopped! dam near went over the handlebars as I took this pic

Voss Taking the Rubicon Line .

Voss would blow out his tire on this atempt , so WHile he fixed the flat we played some more.

Here is Donny , Making another attempt , but using my bike ( MMcG Note the Frok )

The Silver turtle on teh Rubicon Line.

Donny back on his bike on the Rubicon Line

The silver turlte , show why we call it the Rubicon line , some times it wins

and Final shot Donny taking a Final run on a different line
after this I could not coax any more shots out of my Batteries.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
Nice pics Splat! Knuckle and I went early today to beat this weather (rain in Worcester now). The Stinky is such a godess of cycling love. :thumb:
Here's 2 pics from LSF.

Me dropping in to the 'bowl'.

Knuckle

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I Are Baboon said:
Hmm...no snow in Simsbury CT today.

Nice pics! MBC and I are hoping to hit Case tomorrow.

Simsbury!!?!? Dude, I'm selling my house and moving either there or West Hartford. I love it around there and my wife's family is from Granby and W. Hartford. Any good places to ride?
There's a cool bike shop in Canton with the little trails in back - what's it called?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
JimmyTwoTimes said:
Simsbury!!?!? Dude, I'm selling my house and moving either there or West Hartford. I love it around there and my wife's family is from Granby and W. Hartford. Any good places to ride?
There's a cool bike shop in Canton with the little trails in back - what's it called?
WOO HOO, new riding buddy! :dancing:

There are lots of good places to ride in Connecticut. Myself, Tonyhawk, MBC and MMcG will be happy to show you around.

The shop you speak of is Benindorm.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sweet pictures man. I want snow. But actually today Cannondale was having a demo day at our local state park so we went down and got to test out the new Prophet MX1 and a Gemini. They were sweet. I liked them. It was a good Saturday. I need to make it up that way sometime so you guys can show me around.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I Are Baboon said:
WOO HOO, new riding buddy! :dancing:

There are lots of good places to ride in Connecticut. Myself, Tonyhawk, MBC and MMcG will be happy to show you around.

The shop you speak of is Benindorm.
I'll be sure to contact you once we get settled in '06!! Thanks! :dancing:

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
splat said:
JTT , we must get you down to Nam before shppping off to CT
I'll always be back up this way - all my friends and family are here (business too). It's the wife who's kidnapping me to be closer to her family!
I'll go to Nam as soon as I whip my ass back into shape. Knuckle warned me about your high speed rides uphill! :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Hmm case sounds like fun! , But I'm going to try to hook up with Narlus at the wicked ride of the east.
well we're "hoping"...meaning we've got plans for a good part of the day, but we want to squeeze a ride in. Have fun at the nemba ride!

JimmyTwoTimes said:
I'll be sure to contact you once we get settled in '06!! Thanks! :dancing:
:thumb:

When are you moving, and why (job, family?)? (EDIT: Just read your last post.)

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I Are Baboon said:
well we're "hoping"...meaning we've got plans for a good part of the day, but we want to squeeze a ride in. Have fun at the nemba ride!

:thumb:

When are you moving, and why (job, family?)? (EDIT: Just read your last post.)
I'm moving once my current contract is up at my client (Feb '06). House is for sale as of last night sooo, both of those things have to happen before we migrate south. But I'm really looking forward to relocating - that whole area is beautiful. (Plus a big new Trader Joe's just opened in W. Hartford.) :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
We finally had a nice weekend in the Northeast! Rob and I took full advantage of it and headed to Vassar Farms for a great fall ride. The leaves definitely made things interesting and we discovered a new trail: Radio Flyer, complete with the actual wagon dangling from a tree branch at the trailhead. After a few hours of riding outside, the day ended with a steaming mug of hot cocoa :D