Quantcast

Saturday Ride report , and Healing Vibes to CP

splat

Nam I am
I had gotten a email earlier this week from CP that he was leading an advance begginer ride with his wife in Borderland. , So I thought the I would join and Bring my 9 Year old Son Peter , he rides quite well.

Well it was chilly this morning, cold with a wind. we got down to CP's with plenty to spare. met up with every one and off we went , first from CP's house to the Bay road enterance of Borderland is about 3/4 mile. well in that time Peter's hands and Feet got cold. and with his cold hands and eet he just wasn't riding well. so Instead of holding up the group, we peeled off and started to head back( via a different route ) , well as we were riding on his pace he warmed up and we got a nice ride in, took a few side trails, went over to the Main enterance and Met up with DR , Berkshire_rider , Noskills , and a few others. then we continued on and back to CP's house. Only when we got ther eone of the cars was gone , and CP's wifes Bike was up against the garage . The Puzzled I went and knocked on the door , the baby sitter was surprised to see them return but they did not go into the house. Puzzle but not know ing what else to do I started packing Peter and I up . I had just finished putting Peter's Bike in the car , when the other car pulled up with CP in the front seat. Apperently after we split up , he went down and Dislocated his shoulder. So healing Vibes go out to CP.

Mean while Here are some Pics of My sone showing off.
Just rinding along with Cold hands and feet shortly after we got in.

Hitting a Bridge ( built by CP ) on the west side trail. just before this we came down a Nasty downhill full of baby heads, At the bottom stopped to try and Get a pic of him doing it and he was right on my tail!

and Here he is on the Bridge on Bob's trail , this is a long board walk ( about 150 yards long ) He liked it so much on the way in we had to go out that way too :)

I got home and just felt the need to get a little more Time in and I had a little over 2 hours available . I have been wanting to explore and Map out Hopedale a little more , and there is no hunting allowed over there , so I took a quick little spin in there . I didn't relize I was going to need my climbing legs But I did ! there is quite a bit more that need s to be checked out ( the pipe line in both directions , and any spurrs off of it ) and there is another climb I saw at the south end of the pond but did not have a chnace to do. My goal is to connect this to the Canal.
ther ewere also a Bunch of small puddles on teh pipe line and I just rode through them , well My front derailur froze and ther ewas Ice all over he bike when I put it on the roof rack.

I started on the east side ( the extreame right side ) and Gradiants are 3 meters

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Hey thanks John,
I glad you and Peter were able to get a decent ride in.:)
My shoulder popped back in by itself this afternoon. What a weird feeling...I remember being on the ground and looking over at my right arm near my shoulder, wondering why my arm wouln't *work* right, as I tried to get up:eek: ....Otherwisde...What a great day for a ride!

'hope to see you on NEMBA'Nam trails soon, it's been a while since I've been!

CP

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Skookum said:
Hey CP nice bridge work, i'm wondering how you did your support in the pond.
Thanks skookum. A friend was able to get 16X16 pier footings donated from temporary sea walls that were constructed during the "Big Dig"
These were buried down to mineral soil, and then the bridge was fastened to them. They probably wouldn't be my first choice in an area that stays wet all year round, luckily, this area only sees water after lots of rain, and typically in the spring.

Oh yeah, I should at least be pointing you towards the webpage I fiddle with to keep us semass folks in the know. Here's the bridge build write up (written by a fellow NEMBA guy). SEMASSNEMBA

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
C.P. said:
Thanks skookum. A friend was able to get 16X16 pier footings donated from temporary sea walls that were constructed during the "Big Dig"
These were buried down to mineral soil, and then the bridge was fastened to them. They probably wouldn't be my first choice in an area that stays wet all year round, luckily, this area only sees water after lots of rain, and typically in the spring.

Oh yeah, I should at least be pointing you towards the webpage I fiddle with to keep us semass folks in the know. Here's the bridge build write up (written by a fellow NEMBA guy). SEMASSNEMBA
Yah i know about the big dig i was visiting Boston during Y2K.

It's one of my dreams to make a pre-fabbed pontoon floating bikey bridge someday.:p

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
C.P. said:
Chris - tough break on the shoulder. Hope your back riding soon. I was wondering why we never saw your group Saturday at Borderland. :confused: The new bridge on Friends is a big improvement. Nice work.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nice! I lived in both Mansfield and N. Easton, MA. for several years and rode Borderland all the time. Fun stuff!! :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
How'd you ever end up in Glens Falls from living in the Boston area? Love? :confused:
Sorta... The wife and I bounced from Waltham to Mansfield to N. Easton between '95 - '01. When my daughter was born, we decided to move back up to NY so we had her family around to help out. I loved it down there though and would love to move back some day.