Quantcast

??? Saturday Sleep Deprivation Bonanza ???

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I caught a bunch of buses and trains, ate a nice Filipino style chicken burger and finally got a bluetooth speaker for Father's Day tomorrow.
If anybody is looking at a Bang & Olufsen Explore speaker, don't buy it, they sound pretty shit and to use the app to adjust the EQ you need to create an account.
Why couldn't the Audio Pro have been in stock? Boooo!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Absolutely wild thunder and lightning storm last night managed to drag me out of my NyQuil induced coma for a bit. Off to urgent care in a bit so I can be officially diagnosed and get some free time off of work. Haven't been awake too long but initial impressions are that today might be rough. Body ache is back, sore throat is definitely worse. Ugh......

gonefirefightin

free wieners
You should dress appropriately while in other countries.

View attachment 181476
I would and I have before but not quite the right time being it’s a bit short for Oktoberfest and considering it’s a keynote for the 9/11 memorial it may come off a bit tacky. Sorta like eating your boogers during a haircut or eating tiramisu for breakfast

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

Survived the aural onslaught from Phish playing their Labor Day weekend first show a mile up the road at the stadium. Got to remember to be up at the mountain house for this weekend next year :D (got friends staying up there else we’d consider jetting up there as we did last year)

Kid bike riding at local flat park, roof damage estimate from insurer after storms earlier in month, and a trip to the Wings Over the Rockies museum are in store for today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wife has some unrealistic expectations regarding tour availability in the Jewell cave, but she knows better. Gonna be a long day in the SD today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:wave:

Absolutely wild thunder and lightning storm last night managed to drag me out of my NyQuil induced coma for a bit. Off to urgent care in a bit so I can be officially diagnosed and get some free time off of work. Haven't been awake too long but initial impressions are that today might be rough. Body ache is back, sore throat is definitely worse. Ugh......
I'm sick too!!! COVID test says nope but I have all of the symptoms, minus the fever, so I will mask and keep my distance from the kids. Syd passed her drivers test Thursday so she was able to drive herself yesterday while I laid low at home just in case. Youngest was off biking with the neighbor kids and I spent much of the day on the deck hydrating and napping. More of the same on deck for today.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Only a few drugs to help get through the night, mainly the headache from a bit of whiskey that was consumed yesterday.

On the schedule today is a whole lot more nothing, probably hit the gym, bleed the XTR brakes with the HPX R 2.5 shock fluid. At some point I want to rebuild the Monarch RL again...not sure that's today. Maybe tomorrow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey accidentally locked me out of the house last night while I was sitting on the front porch watching the storm. Starting to think it might make sense to get a smart door lock since Haley's getting older and the garage door is electric dependent.

Discovered that back to back jr-adult-adult races for Haley is too much when she's been up until midnight at a sleepover. And I'm pretty sure I got a new PR for standard adult karts today.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Do your train tracks buckle at those temps? Assuming you have trains there...
Not sure about train tracks, but it’s pretty easy to destroy asphalt by cranking the wheel while stationary when it’s this hot.

The biggest problem is that everyone’s brain starts to melt, and they become even bigger assholes than usual.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've started my medication, which is a diuretic. Damn....I had to piss 5 times this morning.

And it's making beer taste flat and off. :(

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Starting to think it might make sense to get a smart door lock since Haley's getting older and the garage door is electric dependent.
I had the garage door opener replaced with one with a battery backup a year or two back. Ain’t nobody got time to mess with the emergency release when the power is off, especially if on the wrong side of the door with no key. Built in MyQ integration is nice as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For the first time in months a weekend where interstates and major highways in the area don't have major closures for maintenance making getting anywhere a major PITA. Of course a bunch of witless dingbats decided to play demolition derby today so there are major shutdowns making getting anywhere a major PITA.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
For the first time in months a weekend where interstates and major highways in the area don't have major closures for maintenance making getting anywhere a major PITA. Of course a bunch of witless dingbats decided to play demolition derby today so there are major shutdowns making getting anywhere a major PITA.
this guy always makes fun of me when I bitch about seattle traffic, implying its a myth

maybe find out what he knows?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Somehow still not as bad as Tacoma or Everett
I drove through the bustling bedroom community of Smyrna yesterday. You should look into it... was impressed by the froze-in-the-1970s vibe. The Palouse to Cascades trail cuts through town as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had the garage door opener replaced with one with a battery backup a year or two back. Ain’t nobody got time to mess with the emergency release when the power is off, especially if on the wrong side of the door with no key. Built in MyQ integration is nice as well.
Wifey deadbolts too.