Quantcast

saturday workers/surfers thread.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well, its been a while since i had to work a saturday. 10-5 today then off sunday and monday. work sucks on saturday but hopefully we will be slow due to the labor day thing and weather being realtively nice.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I work every saturday. It fuking sucks. On top of that i have to work labor day. :mumble:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
biggins said:
well, its been a while since i had to work a saturday. 10-5 today then off sunday and monday. work sucks on saturday but hopefully we will be slow due to the labor day thing and weather being realtively nice.
Been here since 8. Wife & I are expecting a kid next week or so, and I need to get ready for being out for a couple of weeks. Brough the bike with me though, so I can sneak out and hit a nearby trail for a couple of hours.

Work sucks, but it pays the bills.....

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I work 4-9 tonight and then 10-8 tomorrow. That sucks but they only scheduled me for 6 and a half hours the four days after that. So my week is gonna be pretty easy.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I do desktop and local network support for Kaiser Permanente. I am on call 24hrs a day. My dang pager went off way too early tthis morning telling me that a node was down and that national network engineering couldn't hit the switches. I called in and it was the dang telephone companies problem. They just needed my keys to get into the building. Call facilities engineering, I told them. :eviltongu:

It sucks but not as bad as it is for those of you that have to work this weekend. Sorry to hear that. I hope you at least get time to be a slacker while you are there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yup, working too. sux. but at least i have monday & tuesday off. Just in time too....my bike should be ready tomorrow & there is a bunch of new construction at our trails PLUS I just found out about a trail 1 hour from here that has elevated bridges, drops log rides & some sweet singletrack. so that is what i am gonna be day dreaming about today until my 8 hours of indentured servitude are over.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'd be riding but my hand isn't healed yet. so instead i'm inside, surfing, playing some gran turismo 3 :D , reading more of "imperial hubris"... not a bad way to spend a lazy day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
punkassean said:
Toshi,

I didn't know you liked to read? ;)
:mumble: you should read "imperial hubris", too. it's a very interesting take on the current world situation, heavy on the military analysis.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'll give you a current take on the world sitch' (no book required)....

us :monkey: 's need :help: cuz the :oink:/ :devil: is taking over the world! Before you know it we'll all be :dead:

:D