Quantcast

?Saturday?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I let my neighbors borrow my grill for their party today. Since I never use it I gave it to them. 3 bags of lump charcoal from Maine. My chimney and a bunch of wood chunks also. The kid is 23 and a good family man. His wife (A Nurse) made me Carrot cake and a delicious baked Chicken. They have 2 little girls. Cute as all get up. Cool Dog also. I let them borrow the Toyota the other day. They filled it up after they returned it. Cleaned it out also... Who does that? I gave up my Parking spots for them. I parked out on the Street today...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Two things ...

1. John is right. Respect women.

2. Bacon jalapenos were great, but gas tank ran out a few minutes into my steak. Grill fail at the highest level. :disgust:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Its all RMs fault, actually this threads fault. All this talk of stuffed peppers made me make some. First we apple cider brined a turkey breast then BBQed it with Sweet Baby rays BBQ sauce, I fried up some bacon and diced it then stuffed some Passilla Peppers with a mix of Cheddar, Cream Cheese and Bacon wrapped them in tinfoil and into the BBQ sitting upright with the turkey they went. Meanwhile we roasted up some Yukon Gold potatoes in spices and whole gloves of garlic and also steamed string beans and broccoli.....Such the feast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you are building your own workbench, incorporating a section of MFT (multi-function table) would be super handy, especially for the stuff that it sounds like you are doing.

Festool makes a pre-built version, but there are plenty of templates you can DIY with a piece of MDF.
I think I'm going to try and run with this one.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
there was some guy i was subscibed to at some point on youtube....all he did was mid century modern furniture....
I could see myself setting up a wood studio at some point. But would probably fall into the category of woodworker who solely works on their shop furniture and cabinets in a never ending quest for the perfect shop without actually producing anything. The journey is the destination sort.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Anyway, this was an interesting ride. It's basically a bunch of flowy downhill trails, then you climb back up. Go down, pedal up, go down, pedal up. I got about 900' of climbing in 7 miles. with one flat in a gnarly rock garden. Also, the trails are literally built in the backyard of a brewery. Park at the brewery for the trails. It'd be awesome for post-ride replenishment if you're into that sort of thing.
Where are these mythical beer producing trails?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
YouTube is the Pandora's Box of complicated workbench builds.
I found on few decent ones on YouTube too. This one has a ton of storage, which will allow me to move storage from my tool chest into this. Then my bike stuff can be moved into the tool chest, etc. Basically getting rid of other poor space usage storage.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Two things ...

1. John is right. Respect women.

2. Bacon jalapenos were great, but gas tank ran out a few minutes into my steak. Grill fail at the highest level. :disgust:
I'm sorry. I actually purchased a second tank today, expecting mine to run out. Nope, old one still going, somehow, even though it feels empty.

I should have worn gloves cleaning out my jalapenos. My right hand is buzzzzzing something good....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Motor mount swap and all new brakes in a buddies car in the driveway today. Hot as balls.

Went across town to the inlaws to dip in the pool after, only to run into their neighbors backyard a few minutes later to put out their grill that was engulfed in flames. Saw woman on phone panicking as smoke was billowing up over the fence, and apparently husband had run out to the store and was the "grill guy". Closed regular, removed tank, pulled grill away from house and put out fire. Was hailed as hero to neighbors/inlaws and all other guests....had practice at my own house a couple months ago. I'll take it.