Quantcast

****saturday****

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sunny and cold. slow morning. household chores to do. pancakes to eat and coffee to drink. will see if old roof rack fits on new car. maybe ride later?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@stoney is also parked at the pricey village garage so Sarah must be skiing today, too. :D

it was a good day to have Nokians on the minivan over Berthoud. Totally dry yesterday and fairly slippery today!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Dumping like crazy here, 6 inches in the past 3 hours. Suppose to hit 12-14 inches today.

Espresso machine was acting up. Descaling and a program reset seems to have fix the issue.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in, Espresso is fucking strong this morning, not even finished with drinking it and getting hit with honey do's

Todays project after the wifes crap is to organize my reclaimed tool shelves before she puts more of her crap back into them, then fix two leaky sprinkler heads ( we need rain ).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cleaning up the basement as we will start renovation of the basement next week which is really the last part of the inside of the house and then when spring arrives finish off with the brick work outside so we will basically be done. Pretty exciting. If I need more to do there is plenty of small jobs and my favorite part the garden so not running out of jobs.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Currently 75 and sunny, loading up the fam and heading to the beach.

Haven’t had a sip of booze since the 30th, unsure how long I’ll keep it up, but no soda and no booze makes for some seriously limited beverage options

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, lovelies. Slept a shit ton last night and then rode the bike trainer for 75 minutes. Currently looking for a cookie recipe to make this afternoon.

I am approaching 10 years since my last sip of booze.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Feels like an early spring day here today, lots of sun and mild temperature.

Went for a bike ride, trails are on the verge of turning into a skating rink, but they were fun.

Going to try to get a fire going shortly.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back from the mountains. Awesome day; lots of runs. Wifey was comfortable paralleling me on groomers (vs. me staying on same run), so I was able to dart in and out the trees and bumps the whole time. 3-4" of new snow, which was a nice little later to have for new tracks.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode. was a bit colder than i thought it would be. kinda wished i'd brought gloves and a flannel instead of long sleeve jersey and no gloves. but it wasn't too bad. even snowed on us a bit. good times on the dirt. now making chili and grabbing a beeeeeer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And once again it appears we have missed out on a house. Submitted our offer a mere 4 hours after showing, but apparently that's too late. :rolleyes:
When S and I were looking we went to an open house right near the bottom of Lookout Mtn, near 58. We got there as the open house started and heard the realtor telling someone there was already an offer $30k over asking.

When you find somewhere make sure it has space for a camper in the driveway when we get around to a NE roadtrip!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
When S and I were looking we went to an open house right near the bottom of Lookout Mtn, near 58. We got there as the open house started and heard the realtor telling someone there was already an offer $30k over asking.
Could be true....could be bullshit....

Overall, realtors are a shady bunch imo

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Related, we have an appraisal ordered as I believe our house value has gone up enough to get rid of the bullshit PMI we're paying (put 15% down). Realtor friend of ours (exempt from previous shady declaration) did a quick appraisal using the MLS tools he has access to to give us a ballpark, and estimated our value has gone up $75-100k since we bought it 3 years ago. Seems like a stretch, but I wouldn't be disappointed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

When you find somewhere make sure it has space for a camper in the driveway when we get around to a NE roadtrip!
Two houses we've put in offers on have gone for 14% (50K) and 8% (25K) over asking. We'll see what happens with this one.

At the rate we are going, you can come park your mobile home in the driveway of ours.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The worst is all the cash buyers you have to contend with. Many houses that sold while we were looking, many in the ~$500k range, were being bought over asking price in cash.

Hard to compete with that if you aren't a doctor, finance guy or sOcIaL iNfLuEnCeR.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dumping like crazy here, 6 inches in the past 3 hours. Suppose to hit 12-14 inches today.

Espresso machine was acting up. Descaling and a program reset seems to have fix the issue.
What's your machine again? I've been getting better about backflushing regularly, but we have a water softener so I can go a little longer on descales.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The worst is all the cash buyers you have to contend with. Many houses that sold while we were looking, many in the ~$500k range, were being bought over asking price in cash.

Hard to compete with that if you aren't a doctor, finance guy or sOcIaL iNfLuEnCeR.
Turns out being an anti-social influencer doesn't pay a whole lot.

I should make a point of getting the first showing when a new house hits the market, then sneak one of these into the basement, drenched in blood.

statue-1.jpg

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The irony is all my accountant/finance/trader acquaintances are always needing my hands on car/house help fixing their Mercedes and $1mil+ Boston condos:banghead:

I need to start charging the fuckers....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Visiting my parents with the kids. Rode bikes today. Cold n frozen, a few spots with leaves that were soft. Light snow started when I got to the trailhead, really picked up halfway through the ride. Made appropriate clothing choices for the conditions and didn't get cold. Even remembered a spare pair of gloves to change, first pair got soggy about 2/3 into the ride. Was nice finishing the ride with warm dry hands. And tasty beers.

PXL_20210116_163014347.jpg
PXL_20210116_171215062.jpg
PXL_20210116_171236139.jpg
PXL_20210116_225541626.jpg
PXL_20210117_005008944.jpg