Quantcast

****saturday****

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
chances are we'll get full cash $ out of our house if we sell, as we're about 3 years out on the 15yr mortgage and aren't planning on moving any time soon. property values in our hood haven't gone up a ton as it wasn't super fancy to begin with, but they have moved maybe 15%-20% so that'll be nice. in similar news, it was weird to just pay cash/credit card (which i'll promptly pay off) for the new car yesterday. that was a first.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
And once again it appears we have missed out on a house. Submitted our offer a mere 4 hours after showing, but apparently that's too late. :rolleyes:
Asking price has never been the same as selling price. It's just an indication. When the market is soft you go under and when the market is strong you need to go over. If you are serious about buying a house all you can do is go in with you strongest offer and see if its the right one. When we sold the apartment in Brooklyn we gave bidders the opportunity to raise the bids if they were too low too do you not get that opportunity where you are buying?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Asking price has never been the same as selling price. It's just an indication. When the market is soft you go under and when the market is strong you need to go over. If you are serious about buying a house all you can do is go in with you strongest offer and see if its the right one. When we sold the apartment in Brooklyn we gave bidders the opportunity to raise the bids if they were too low too do you not get that opportunity where you are buying?
Oh we've been coming in at various shades of over asking. Usually in the neighborhood of 6 or 7%. Of course, if it doesn't appraise for such, you either come back to the table and renegotiate, or cover the overage with cash, so its a game that adds up fast.

And no, not around here, or perhaps not at this time. Offer is the offer, no coming back to the table once your offer is in.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What's your machine again? I've been getting better about backflushing regularly, but we have a water softener so I can go a little longer on descales.
Its a Breville 870xl. In 5 years we are now on our third machine. First was a broken grinder motor, then we got a leaky pump and now seems the solenoid for shot quantity is acting up. I though it was good, but the auto mode didn't work once again this morning. Will contact them again. Each time instead of repairing they just send a new machine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its a Breville 870xl. In 5 years we are now on our third machine. First was a broken grinder motor, then we got a leaky pump and now seems the solenoid for shot quantity is acting up. I though it was good, but the auto mode didn't work once again this morning. Will contact them again. Each time instead of repairing they just send a new machine.
You'd think for a machine that pricey it would be serviceable. Serviceability was one of my requirements when I bought a machine, if I'm putting down that kind of money, I want to have it a long time, and be able to fix it if/when it breaks.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I did make a bunch some years back, but I wasn't the first, those look like the ones that predate my batch, it was Mr. Bud Light made those ones I think. The printed ones I think were made by @MtnBikerChk and even earlier.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I did make a bunch some years back, but I wasn't the first, those look like the ones that predate my batch, it was Mr. Bud Light made those ones I think. The printed ones I think were made by @MtnBikerChk and even earlier.
You would not happen to have the artwork in a vector graphic file?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@Nick @CrabJoe StretchPants @iRider @BadDNA

I don't really care what happens with the vector files. I'd love to see what ones are floating around out there - I have a few but it'd be cool to see if there are any artworks I don't have. Will you email whatever you have to binaryvisions at ridemonkey.com?

As I mentioned in the swag thread, the last color reference I have is Pantone 364C if you need one.

Those photographed stickers were printed up back when Bike's parent company first acquired Ridemonkey (circa 2008?). Doug Bishop decided we should fund a free sticker campaign. At first you needed to send a self addressed stamped envelope, and then it was just an email request. Eventually the stickers ran out, and Bike's finances weren't good enough to justify sending free money out the door.

I still have a few kicking around but I'm not sure if they're with me or in my storage unit. For like 5 years I included a handful in all of the RMSS packages.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'll send you what I have.

I'm kicking around the idea of a riding shirt too; tech fabric, very simple. Just checking into mfg options now.
We've used Teespring for Project Baja shirts a bunch of times. The quality is good enough, and there's basically no overhead as orders are fulfilled individually and then drop-shipped to the person(s) who ordered. I also just ordered a single custom t-shirt as a gift from Custom Ink and it worked pretty well as well.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
@Nick @CrabJoe StretchPants @iRider @BadDNA

I don't really care what happens with the vector files. I'd love to see what ones are floating around out there - I have a few but it'd be cool to see if there are any artworks I don't have. Will you email whatever you have to binaryvisions at ridemonkey.com?

As I mentioned in the swag thread, the last color reference I have is Pantone 364C if you need one.

Those photographed stickers were printed up back when Bike's parent company first acquired Ridemonkey (circa 2008?). Doug Bishop decided we should fund a free sticker campaign. At first you needed to send a self addressed stamped envelope, and then it was just an email request. Eventually the stickers ran out, and Bike's finances weren't good enough to justify sending free money out the door.

I still have a few kicking around but I'm not sure if they're with me or in my storage unit. For like 5 years I included a handful in all of the RMSS packages.
How about a folder here on the site with all the vector art collected?