Quantcast

Saturday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going to swim in a river today. Rope swings and paddle boards.

Wifey had a long talk with my sister about my real mom and how I should introduce the girls to her, etc. Nah. We're good. Haven't seen her since I was 13; haven't talked to her since I was 18.

Study until we leave.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tile guys are here...lets wrap this portion of kitchen reno. hot as balls for the foreseeable future...hrmf. really need to squeeze in some sort of ride soon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Not terribly motivated to get out of bed.

Edit:. I haven't had coffee yet, but I could have sworn there were posts yesterday both about and from @MMike yesterday evening, and now I can't find them. :tinfoil:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If these god damn squirrels and chipmunks would please stop digging up stuff in my garden, that'd be greatly appreciated. I found a lil asparagus head poking out of the ground yesterday, so 9f course this morning it's been dug up. The fuckers don't even eat it, they just dig it up, bite it off and leave it there for me to yell at the clouds with.

Anyways....

Coffee, watered the plants and about to go do a quick tune of the shifting on the bike. Then I shall go biking.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in, made espresso, fed the dogs. Gonna work on the camper. Basically its filthy and needs a deep cleaning inside. I have horse shows every weekend in August so I need it liveable to start out.

Tomorrow my fishing buds and I will take the kayaks out onto the delta and attempt to catch striped bass

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
90 minutes from home.
Wife is having to do all the driving despite her waking up feeling like crap this morning, so likely also has cooties.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Forgot to mention the racist ass shit I've seen in the 2.5 days we've been here so far - 1 (combined) of which we were at my parents or at a private pool, so no general public exposure.

1. At the grocery store, for <10min yesterday. Older guy in need of assistance, to ~30y/o black man. "Hey Boy. You there. Come here and help me find..."

2. In San Antonio at the Alamo. Younger black kid (late teen's) gets off the bus and goes into the mall. Two older (late-50's/early-60's) white cops give each other a nudge and nod at the kid. Then split up and head into the mall, assumingly following him.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We've also had 6 (now, just had another) Amber Alerts since Thursday morning. All different, then the corresponding updates. WTF is wrong with this place?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Was going to get a quick road ride in this morning but went outside to take care of something first. Was slapped by heat and humidity. Maybe I’ll set the trainer up in the house.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Leafblowers should be illegal. There is a commercial building with landscaping kitty-corner from our house. The crew runs those fucking blowers for an hour every Saturday morning. They blow all the shit off their property and into the street / adjoining properties. 7 am on Saturday morning to boot. Fuckers.

Anyway, if you’re looking for me, I’ll be in the yard yelling at clouds…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Leafblowers should be illegal. There is a commercial building with landscaping kitty-corner from our house. The crew runs those fucking blowers for an hour every Saturday morning. They blow all the shit off their property and into the street / adjoining properties. 7 am on Saturday morning to boot. Fuckers.

Anyway, if you’re looking for me, I’ll be in the yard yelling at clouds…
I'd either call the landscaping place and ask if they could start somewhere else.

And/or

Go out and start blowing the crap back onto their property. I'm sure the town doesn't enjoy the storm water grates being possibly blocked from that stuff either.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd either call the landscaping place and ask if they could start somewhere else.

And/or

Go out and start blowing the crap back onto their property. I'm sure the town doesn't enjoy the storm water grates being possibly blocked from that stuff either.
This was the tack my old man took with a church right next to our house when I was a wee lad. They would open their windows in summer and the choir would be beltin' out hymns at uncivilized hours on Sunday morning.

He removed the muffler from the mower and mowed the driveway which was in between our house and the church.

They got the hint and closed the windows. :D

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I don’t have a blower, but I do have a backsprayer and I am pretty sure it can push a lot more air than those little blowers…

It just confounds how people can thinks it’s ok to make their problem someone else’s. After typing that out and reading it out loud, I take it back. It’s freedumb. Isn’t it? That’s why it’s ok! What do I win?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how many of the yahoos could even fin the netherlands on a map!?!
would it be bad form, as someone who still has symptoms of covid, but really needs to get out for a walk, to go out and mingle with them?!

(like seriously, would I be endangering other people that might not be affiliated with the movement? probably. hmmm)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
daughter still sick, but not testing positive for covid thus far thankfully. put one of the basement tv's and a roku in her room on a temporary basis so she can be isolated and not spread her germs to the rest of us.

slept ok i guess considering yesterday's events. was drained and went to bed early. woke up about 8. loaded the car with bikes and gear, me and the boy went to dd for breakfast. went for a short easy mtb ride with him before it got brutally hot. home by lunchtime. had some lunch and chilled a bit, called my mom. then shoveled some gravel for a bit, lasted maybe 45 minutes before i decided enough was enough. then went for a 20 mile road ride despite the heat. new bibs, jersey, and road helmet certainly helped, but still pretty cooked. maybe half the ride was shaded. remembered where the bottle fill station was thankfully, for some fresh cold water. came home, hot tub and a fiddlehead ipa. grilled some burgers. gonna veg and watch Harry Potter with the boy. hopefully the kittehs will be in a cuddly mood tonight. they have been a little confused wondering where Merlin is.

Last edited: