Quantcast

Saturday.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I discovered I can do the driving between KT and home in under 2:30 hrs today (180 miles).

Got home in the morning, then got back in the car and drove for a few more hours with le wife to ride some rail trails in bumfuck NH.

Now in Wachusett brewery, beer and BBQ. The band is playing fucking country, fail.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fun: rope swing into creek

Not fun: hand snagged on rope swing into creek.

No more creek swimming for me. :dead:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had Amber Alert #8. Since Wednesday afternoon.

Rant on. My dad, mom, Wifey, and Haley were having a fun conversation about their new house. Largely talking about how bad the water here tastes. We all generally accept that CO water is just better, since it's driven by snowmelt and is never downstream from another major metro or the agriculture chemicals. He commented that all of our water is actually from the Ogalalla, which is categorically incorrect. I work with one of the largest water districts in Metro and regularly talk with engineers who run the pumping plants up in the mtns, so I called him on it. And pointed out that the real issue with the Ogalalla is agriculture pulling more than is being replaced annually. He went on an "agriculture has been around since before all the people moved to Denver" tirade. Uh yeah, and they tap 95% of water usage. No matter what happens, adding an adtl 1-2% usage when one group is ineffectively using the other 95% means that the legacy user is the problem. He just couldn't get past the "they've been over tapping for decades and we're seeing the repercussions now. Just because it's how it was done before, doesn't mean that it's right no."

Whole fucking thing and intentional ignorance pains me. /Rant

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just had Amber Alert #8. Since Wednesday afternoon.

Rant on. My dad, mom, Wifey, and Haley were having a fun conversation about their new house. Largely talking about how bad the water here tastes. We all generally accept that CO water is just better, since it's driven by snowmelt and is never downstream from another major metro or the agriculture chemicals. He commented that all of our water is actually from the Ogalalla, which is categorically incorrect. I work with one of the largest water districts in Metro and regularly talk with engineers who run the pumping plants up in the mtns, so I called him on it. And pointed out that the real issue with the Ogalalla is agriculture pulling more than is being replaced annually. He went on an "agriculture has been around since before all the people moved to Denver" tirade. Uh yeah, and they tap 95% of water usage. No matter what happens, adding an adtl 1-2% usage when one group is ineffectively using the other 95% means that the legacy user is the problem. He just couldn't get past the "they've been over tapping for decades and we're seeing the repercussions now. Just because it's how it was done before, doesn't mean that it's right no."

Whole fucking thing and intentional ignorance pains me. /Rant
what's your dad's phone #? i'ma pretend i'm a coffin salesman.

also, what are his feelings on leaded gasoline, asbestos, and lead paint?