Quantcast

> Saturday <

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
didn't manage to eat wings yesterday. may try today.
we have it on the menu for next week. takeout wings around here are non-existant....have to drive 40 minutes for passable ones. Will cook our own alongside some pizza with the kids

hope to take the TT bike out for a drag today...that's about it!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we have it on the menu for next week. takeout wings around here are non-existant....have to drive 40 minutes for passable ones. Will cook our own alongside some pizza with the kids

hope to take the TT bike out for a drag today...that's about it!
yesterday i drove to Pittsburgh for the weekend with the kids to swim at my parents. theres a place near here that has good wood smoked wings.

farmers market for corn, then an mtb ride, then swim the rest of the day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Getting adjusted back to Mountain time and all. Shall pick up the trumpets and start practicing again as rehearsals start in a few weeks for the regular season.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. coffee on the deck followed by splitting some wood and stacking it. Goal is to finish the woodshed before we head to the beach on the 11th so I've gotta get crackin' Opening night was pretty good. The audience was great and the kids had a good energy (nerves mostly) going. They did managed to skip some parts of a couple of songs, but that's what makes playing in the pit such an adventure! Night 2 tonight...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had two glasses of wine with Wifey last night. First in months. Really good bottle too. No head ache/hangover, but didn't help my sleep. Started ripping out bushes already and I'm worn out from the get go. Karting for a while now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had an absolutely fantastic ride. temps were cool, sun was shining, dirt was tacky, legs felt awesome. i guess all the road miles ive been putting down have helped more than i thought. ride that usually takes me a little over 2hrs i blasted through in an hour 45. got my wood smoked wings, gonna eat by the pool, have a beer, them swim the day away.

PXL_20220730_173900320.jpg

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I actually set the alarm for 5:00 this morning and was rolling on the tri bike at 6:15. Rode 107 miles at 18.0 mph at a fairly easy effort. Nice day for it besides the wind whipping in every direction. It got hot too. I bought three bottles of water a Red Bull along the way, to go along with the four bottles I was carrying.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Neighbor across the street is having about 400sqft of his yard xeriscaped. Guy that he hired to do it, it doing it solo, and it's been beating him up. He took off his tailgate for part of the mulch unloading and while he was putting it back on, it fell open onto his hand. Dude's lucky I was out here, because there is nobody else around and he was stuck, with it crushing his knuckles. It looked bad though. I think he might have broken his hand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice little heat wave this weekend. Went for an early ride to try and beat the heat. It was 72 with 100% hummidity and felt like 95. Should have slept in and just rode when it was 95 and dry.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I had coffee, and did some yard work. 2 out of 4 ain’t bad…

Lower back is proper fucked. Major nerve pain. Hopefully tomorrow’s ride will improve the situation.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day of dh, parking lot hotdogs and beer, I'm cooked.

Need to get up north to the girlfriend parents cottage. A swim would be splendid right meow.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Made to the land or Subarus, 4Runners, fuck loads of traffic. . . And I guess mountains too. Really have no idea how you front range monkeys keep your sanity.
Traffic doesn't look overly bad today... Where ya headed to? (And if you're looking for Thai food: Thai Pot Cafe on south Colorado Blvd, Drunken Noodles or any of the curries Thai Hot is the ticket.)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In Frasier at the moment. Might just get pizza in WP tonight. An on fire Jeep was our traffic issue.
Unless you're hankering for pizza, I'd suggest hitting up the Smokehouse BBQ. North side of 40 in town in WP.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wife's out of town. My buddy just hit me up because his old lady is out of town, so he's watching the fights tonight. He also has a pool because this is stupid hot.

Screenshot_20220730-161343.png

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Section 1 of garden demo done. Only a couple bushes out but ~30 cubic ft of
1.5" granite. No easy way to move it other than by hand, so bucket > wheelbarrow> relocation. Still needs tilling to break up the clay, so that I can get the landscape cloth out. Then a second round with soil, but that's closed to planting. Get to do section 2 tomorrow. This is much smaller, but has a lot more organic material mixed in which will suck.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
No idea what "time" is anymore but got up pep talked and went out for a great climby ride on the gravel bike. 38 miles. Got home Strava says 1490 miles in July. Slick little lunch and headed out on the MTB and it's gnarly hot. This morning was ultra smooth cool and cloudy. So cranked up 11 miles not bs miles, good mtb earnin miles. Total for July 1501 miles. Gonna spin out tomorrow and rake in 50 more. First goal was the 1500 now I want 50 miles average per day this month. Send it!