Quantcast

> Saturday <

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Made french toast for breakfast. Made lots of delicious espresso. Picked up car from garage. Rode with boy (his first ride of the year [because of broken arm, sleep away camp and Covid], and it wound up being his first 'adult' loop. Hellz yeah!). Cooked first local corn, sausage and ribs for dinner. Watched race. Twas a good day.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You haven’t lived until you have butchered your own pork.

I’ll refrain from a tangent, but I feel if you are going to eat meat you need to catch/kill/butcher at least once.
Dressing a Chicken (Bird) or filleting a Trout also. Putting a Worm on a hook. Basic casting. Plinking with a 22. Growing things. Taking care of an Animal. Balance a Checking account. Grilling meat. Cooking an Egg. How to tie a not. Excuse my tangent....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Really have no idea how you front range monkeys keep your sanity.
Well me… I moved.

Unless you're hankering for pizza, I'd suggest hitting up the Smokehouse BBQ. North side of 40 in town in WP.
And if you are hankering for pizza, I really really like De Antonio’s. Pretty proper NY Pie over by there.

Surprise oysters courtesy of our "fish-share". Fingers crossed they are OK after sitting in the cooler a bit.
Great. Now I’m hungry for oysters.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I finally watched Top Gun: Maverick. That was entertaining :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It used to be in Fraser, but moved to Winter Park a bunch of years ago... probably a decade at this point. I just did a little search and found them on Yelp which makes it seem like they're still around—and under new owners. Reviews appear to be mixed.
The name on the window said "Philly Phatz" when we were there last Monday.

Dunno what the story is...