Quantcast

* Saturday *

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The handicapped parking spot is not the “let me idle here while my passenger runs inside” spot. Jerk.
That's when you either sit their laying on the horn, or pull out your tag and park behind them. Let them know you'll be just a minute and walk really slow.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dealt with mom all morning. drove down to portland. flight is delayed so ate lunch, had a beer, and watched the women's dh in the trader joe's parking lot. now over to airport to watch the mens race while i wait to take off...
charlotte....never seen so much parking for such a small airport....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Two days of riding in Bend. Almost 50 miles over two days of dusty buffed out single-track. Everyone should move here!
I raced a hundred miles 3 weeks ago, caught covid and it's been trying to kill me ever since. I'll pass for now :p

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, that was super fun heckling bonking, soaked, nearly hypothermic racers with a bullhorn. We were yelling “And remember, you paid for this!” and “Don’t worry, the rain washes away the tears!”

I liked “Rumor has it there is dry dirt ahead!!”

Good times.

And 6th, Targhee 100 used to be 100 miles…with almost 20,000 feet of climbing. :eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, that was super fun heckling bonking, soaked, nearly hypothermic racers with a bullhorn. We were yelling “And remember, you paid for this!” and “Don’t worry, the rain washes away the tears!”

I liked “Rumor has it there is dry dirt ahead!!”

Good times.

And 6th, Targhee 100 used to be 100 miles…with almost 20,000 feet of climbing. :eek:
so borderline type 3 fun

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hop over and do the McKenzie River trail.
and stop here on the way to see if there is a French Knight at the top farting in your general direction.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
and stop here on the way to see if there is a French Knight at the top farting in your general direction.

20220806_181414.jpg

Before our trip fell apart three weeks ago.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hop over and do the McKenzie River trail.
Nope, because too much buffed out singletrack and too many Californian transplants. ;)
JBP has it right though, or coastal rain forest trails. #roots

I've ridden MRT several times! It's great fun and classic PNW trail. We were staying at a friend house in NW Bend near Shevlin Park. Dusty trail from the house beats driving an hour for epic trail when there's no spare time! I was being sarcastic about moving to Bend. Fun place to visit though! The trails are so buff and so dusty its kind of ridiculous.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Bike park today, with a chair lift. Turns out i'm not banned from all lifts in the usa. 13 laps feeling fine and tired. Fat bike on the Santa Monica shore tomorrow morning is planned.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
I've ridden MRT several times! It's great fun and classic PNW trail. We were staying at a friend house in NW Bend near Shevlin Park. Dusty trail from the house beats driving an hour for epic trail when there's no spare time! I was being sarcastic about moving to Bend. Fun place to visit though! The trails are so buff and so dusty its kind of ridiculous.
Trout fishing off the Cascade Lakes Scenic Biway west of Bend is simply awesome.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Bike park today, with a chair lift. Turns out i'm not banned from all lifts in the usa. 13 laps feeling fine and tired. Fat bike on the Santa Monica shore tomorrow morning is planned.
Is Tommy's #5 still at Pico and Ocean? I used to get a chili cheeseburger with jalapeno's there every morning when I worked for the beach maintenance dept in the mid 70s

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent a few days schlepping along the PCT with a friend while his family is out of town. Friend kind of shut down today so we called it a day early, didn't complain as I was a bit stressed being incommunicado while my father is on his last legs.

@AngryMetalsmith, don't know if you are still planning a through hike but if so ditch the AT and come out west. You'll see more cool shit in a few days on the PCT than you will the whole AT.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Spent a few days schlepping along the PCT with a friend while his family is out of town. Friend kind of shut down today so we called it a day early, didn't complain as I was a bit stressed being incommunicado while my father is on his last legs.

@AngryMetalsmith, don't know if you are still planning a through hike but if so ditch the AT and come out west. You'll see more cool shit in a few days on the PCT than you will the whole AT.
Sorry about your dad.

Yeah, still planning, saving money, eh, not so much. Having to buy a new car isn't helping. Would love to hike and ride out your way. Seeing the PNW has been on my bucket list forever.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Is Tommy's #5 still at Pico and Ocean? I used to get a chili cheeseburger with jalapeno's there every morning when I worked for the beach maintenance dept in the mid 70s

not sure, there's one walking distance from my apartment. Chili on the side anytime there. Doesn't feel right on a birdger

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Impromptu Frisbee sesh. My neighbors Jills dog tried to join in. She became too aggressive and bit me. Kind of pissed.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went out to a Mexican restaurant last night to see a friend who I haven’t seen for ages. Was great to see him. Anyway, I wasn’t much looking forward to the food (not a huge mex food fan) but it was really damn good. I love it when my food expectations are thoroughly smashed. Only complaint was the tiny margaritas. They were quite strong though. I had four. :D Then I came home and somehow smashed a sixer of Behemoth IPAs, all 6% or better. Wasn’t in the greatest shape this AM when the wife dragged me out of bed for a 10am film festival movie. No riding; it’s so wet here still, starting to annoy me.

On the plus side spending a bit of time in the workshop on a resto-mod bike for another friend (powder coat and everything). Nearly finished, still needs decals but I ran out of brake cable inners, this thing currently has only a front mechanical disk. I have like 40 gear cables and zero brake ones somehow…

A25BEFE7-8396-4C8A-A5CE-03419150A11B.jpeg

Last edited: