Quantcast

***Saturdays GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got hero sleep last night, and am now waiting for Wife to get out of her 8:00 pilates class so we can go have breakfast. I saw a meteorite rip across the sky while on my run last night, which was pretty cool. Just by chance, I was looking directly at that spot in the sky when it went zipping past, so I got a great full on view of it. Then I saw all of the local news sites discussing it on facebook. Apparently it was seen across several states in the Northeast. Neat!

Thanksgiving dinner tonight with a bunch of friends and we don't have to cook. Should be fun!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Picking up my second (hopefully functional) home lipid testing setup from the post office today.

Tonight we're doing the Christmas train thing, this year with the Georgetown railroad. In past years we've done the Cañon City one (good but too far) and Golden one (2.5 year old figured out we were going around in circles in the rail yard).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent the morning with Hannah at Children's. Another ear infection.

Did find a level 2 charger with no electricity fee, just a $2 plug in fee. It's the little things that amuse me sometimes.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Spent the morning with Hannah at Children's. Another ear infection.

Did find a level 2 charger with no electricity fee, just a $2 plug in fee. It's the little things that amuse me sometimes.
And how many kWh did you draw for that $2? Still consider that a good deal? :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
After spending half the day on the internet, it looks like you can't buy any decent ski goggles with VLT around 70% or higher. If anything, I need VLT ~70% AND an extra set of clear lenses, because flat light is that bad. They all offer colored (usually yellow) lenses that have VLT ~70% if you want to buy moar lenses, but no goggles seem to be set up for flat/low light stock. ****

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Bender November has me thinking I need to quit drinking beer and just do hard liquor.

I can't take getting up three times a night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cold, damp dark day. Went out and shredded some slop as incoming weather may spell doom for high(ish) country trails for the rest of the year.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
day two of EMS recert is in the books. I have 7 out of the 13 manipulative skill tests done, 6 more to go. finished the 144 question take home exam a short while ago it took me two nights and 3-4 hours to complete. That sucker was freaking complex to figure out. tomorrow I have 4 easy manipulative tests and the two hard scenarios. Trauma Assessment and Medical Assessment, each has 42 criteria with a dozen automatic fails if you mess up a step. each test has a ten minute time limit. Stress city on those two. Not that I have ever not passed in 8 recerts but they are nerve wracking none the less.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Georgetown Loop RR Santa train was good from the kids' perspective. @stoney your kids may like it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked for 4 families for Cancer Action. Raised $1000. Local Car Dealer contributed a minivan for one of the families. Made Roasted Chickens. Mushroom Gravy was a little much. Nobody cared. Free Wine. I had to drive a few folks home with the Van. Worked out I guess. Almost clipped a Deer with the new Van. At home now drinking a very expensive bottle of Wine. Safe and Sound.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i go to ashevegas as little as i possibly can. tourist trap + trustafarians=NO THX. if it's there, i do not want to keep up!
In the 13 years that I've been gone from Asheville, I have been back twice. There was a time when it was a really cool place to live for artists and mountain bikers. And I did get to enjoy some of it.