Quantcast

***Saturdays GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gotta do a bit of picking up around here. It's a bit of a mess.

Shit if I know, clear snow off solar arrays...
Is it a big deal to clear off your array? Or can you reach up with a roof rake and do a pretty good job of it? Not sure how quickly those panels will self clear without intervention, but it had me wondering if they make defrosting kits to ensure the panels stay free.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy damn it's cold out. Might attempt a ride later...or just go out and turn right the heck around.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
39" in 48hrs at my local hill, which didn't even open yesterday, and all I want to do is walk for pancakes.
I-70 W is crawling in the distance past Genesee.

edit: DOT cotrip.org website has crapped out :D

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am sitting in my condo watching the local Denver news. Holy shit with that ski traffic already! :rofl: They are also warning of large crowds and lift lines at the mountains. We're headed to the airport in a few minutes. I am tired and happy.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Beautiful day. Can't ride re: commitments but have some time in the garage...lots of moto and pedal bike stuff to do...

Rebuilt my 20-year-old Park pump first and it's a breath of fresh air. (See what I did there?)

Went to change rubber on the Turner's ancient Mavic ust downhill rims (heavy tires are too much for local trails...) and dear god, never seen a bead seated like this Minion. Hands in pain but made it happen. Then decided while the tire was off to try and true out the massive wobble in the front wheel just a little. Currently nursing misshappen nipples with oversized spoke wrenches and taking out the rim/nipple interface cups to slather on anti-seize.

Now just summoned to stand by while wife showers without the walking boot on in the event of a mishap... Nowhere near the fun of what showering with a spouse should be, but sucks for her...she's trooping through this.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

Current listen. Song starts 1:30. One of my favorite covers from an interesting band.
RIP Scott.

Next up:

Last edited:
Mornin!

Gotta do a bit of picking up around here. It's a bit of a mess.

Is it a big deal to clear off your array? Or can you reach up with a roof rake and do a pretty good job of it? Not sure how quickly those panels will self clear without intervention, but it had me wondering if they make defrosting kits to ensure the panels stay free.
A roof rake does it, save that there's a half inch of ice on them today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Current listen. Song starts 1:30. One of my favorite covers from an interesting band.
RIP Scott.
I loved FR. Only "celebrity" death that's ever hit home. I know its cliche, but as bad as I struggled with depression there for a while, Scott's music really helped me through a bad time. His loss really hurt.

Edit:. In retrospect, the Mastersystem album should have been a warning. Shit was dark. Fantastic, but dark.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Eating at WP now. Somehow forgot to put a second pair of socks in my bag so I got to buy a $30 pair today. Drive from Frisco Safeway lot to WP was easy, but the road was sloppy. CDOT is clearly focusing on Westbound 70. Berthoud was a 2.5 lane road most of the way.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just finished reading Galapagos and now I have the sads. Hopefully there will be a ride in the afternoon and the trails aren't too muddy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

RIP Scott.

Next up:

That cover was impressive.

Speaking of covers...
The one I just finished is very silly in comparison, which was sorta the point.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yeah except that the forgiven Balance is now viewed as taxable income and you and the tax board get a copy of a 1099c
It wasnt a huge amount, I'd rather have it wiped out and deal with that. It's not like I'll be bumped into another tax bracket.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
It wasnt a huge amount, I'd rather have it wiped out and deal with that. It's not like I'll be bumped into another tax bracket.
That’s not how tax brackets work! Also paying marginal rate x $ABC is far less than earning (1.0 + marginal rate) x $ABC to pay that debt with after tax money.

In other news I am cooked today. Just over 3h to Copper this morning and 8,000 vert under my tired legs. On a day like today one must ski the bumps, and that shit is tiring, yo. Enchanted Forest also remains steep.

2B67DDA5-CD5E-4622-BB05-266DF5641D3E.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ok, let's do this again...
Let's say tax brackets are as follows:
$0-25k - 10%
$25-75k - 20%
$75-150k -35%

If you make $100k:
$25k*10% = $2500
$50k*20% = $10k
$25k*35%=$8750

Your total tax liability is $21250, or an effective date of 21.25%. Your bracket is 35%, but rate is 21.25%.

Capiche?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to the Community Center and helped my new friend Amy with Her Senior Citizen Nutrition class. It was fun. I had some 1 on 1 technique demonstrations. I tried to teach them about knife Sharpening and the importance of keeping their knives sharp. I just ended up sharpening everyone's knives which distracted from the event sadly. Elderly Jewish Ladies love me for some reason? Somebody at the event had awful BO. We never figured out who. I made BO jokes. I had them in stitches...