stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
social distancing.....i have been practicing that for 35 years!:

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Temporarily or gonna ride it out there? My family up there is relatively isolated to begin with, I'm not terribly concerned despite their ages.
temporarily.
wifes 50th today and with dance party cancelled we’re just doing an overnight in the woods.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Did a gravel ride and passed by a couple of grocery stores when having to cross through towns. Danes have their priorities right, the things people carried out were 24 packs of beer, meat, chips. :cool:
Rode by the local recreation area's parking lot on my way to check how muddy the trails there are. The parking lot was overflowing with people wandering around in groups and waiting in line at the ice cream/beer/snacks booth. Looks like social distancing is only for work places. :confused: :rolleyes:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's freestyle comp this am. We both overslept and didn't leave until 6:30 - an hour late. Fresh snow and the highway was empty. 1.5 hours to the mtn. It was fucking creepy. I'd guess 75% of the people here are for the comps. No non-comp families I can tell.

Comp Center is empty. Nobody brought their bags, they go ready at their cars and walked in. Only about half the non-team kids are here; all of Haley's is though.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Maine pike had decent traffic considering there’s not much snow. No skis or sleds in transit.

Cabelas fairly busy.
Freedom Dept had a line at every counter.
A Karen audibly gasped when I dumped an armload of AR mags on checkout counter.

Line at Portland bakery turned out to be just metered entry. Well played bakery.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Social distancing currently in carwash, by myself.

Already got some pending tasks done around house this morning. Put up two solar powered motion activated LED floods, and hooked up and set up a Fire TV Cube downstairs so that the wife may do Peloton non-bike activities in front of the big screen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Maine pike had decent traffic considering there’s not much snow. No skis or sleds in transit.

Cabelas fairly busy.
Freedom Dept had a line at every counter.
A Karen audibly gasped when I dumped an armload of AR mags on checkout counter.

Line at Portland bakery turned out to be just metered entry. Well played bakery.
I thought all AR style rifles were banned in MA? Unless of course you shelter yours in ME, where the Freedoms are still abound.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
distancing done in the woods this AM, much more distancing planned this afternoon.

This quarantine shit fits me like a glove.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I thought all AR style rifles were banned in MA? Unless of course you shelter yours in ME, where the Freedoms are still abound.
AG’s edict isn’t actual law.

Today’s mags will probably stay in Maine, they’re felony mags in MA where pre-bans are ok.

I’m happy to walk you through the nuances some time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Social distancing currently in carwash, by myself.

Already got some pending tasks done around house this morning. Put up two solar powered motion activated LED floods, and hooked up and set up a Fire TV Cube downstairs so that the wife may do Peloton non-bike activities in front of the big screen.
Are the floods completely independent of the mains? I need something like that for the far end of our driveway.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
$$$$$

For the price of new studded tires I could get a new DVO shock for my trail bike...which i need.
Maybe sell some of those TP rolls on the black market and buy yourself both? Or sell those damn shoes! (hehehe saw the add on PB) ;)

edit: if it wasn't for the deal I got from JBP I wouldn't have studs either.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was at the grocery store at their 8:00 opening this morning so I could get my meat and produce before all hell broke loose, but the store had opened early and all hell had already broken loose. I managed to fill my cart with all of my usual stuff though and was happy to get out of there alive. I was impressed with the store though...employees were everywhere, filling the shelves just as fast as they were being emptied.

Other than that, I ran four miles and spent an hour on the bike trainer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe sell some of those TP rolls on the black market and buy yourself both? Or sell those damn shoes! (hehehe saw the add on PB) ;)

edit: if it wasn't for the deal I got from JBP I wouldn't have studs either.
Oh man those shoes hah. What a mistake....