Quantcast

Saturday's ride pics, or "56K stone agers beware"...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So....

It was relatively nice today in the hudson valley. Overcast, but relatively warm and not raining (yet), so we took off for another ride in our old stomping grounds. And since tonight I'm just bored with beer and TV, I decided to play with photoshop a bit as well.

Beth from behind. It's very hard to take decent pictures while rolling over uneven ground. Stosh, take note, you'll be seeing lots of this view this coming season.

Just a little rendering of one of the trails we were riding on today.

The last wind storm that blew through the area did a lot of damage in terms of putting large logs and downed trees on the trail. They were fun to dodge at least.

More on that same trail, just a few slippery little roots. Bah.

Riding the easy top part of super 8, in sponge blot rendering.

Decending off of a couple of small drops.

Bombing through a few more bits of super 8. Looked like a good place to catch some frequent flier miles.

Apparently I'm talking about the nice series of drops leading up to that last launch off.

Come fly the friendly skies. Note the Bluebug32 trademark "wide open mouth".

More of the same, with some creative photoshop touches.

Trying to pretend we're on "The Collective" and turning wheels can result in some rough landings. Of course, I took a picture and didn't help until after I stopped chuckling.

So I thought, hey, I'd try to fall too....

But I didn't. Damn. It's all good. Hang loose.

A bit later, we decided to play in the low lying mud flats. Ick. Should have known it was going to suck just by how high the stream crossing was to get there.

Muddy, tired, sore, and beat. And that was just us, we won't talk about the bikes. However, still very pleased with the new builds.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
congo rats on 2 years!! You two make a great couple.

PS: Great photos, but, uhh, the effects... nah.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:

Nice pics. I see I'm not the only one who takes Pics of Bluebug after she has crashed.
I was using a new pair of Candies and was still clipped in after I fell :( I was hurting while he was laughing. This is the last time I ride with you mean boys:nope:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Beth, did you get to use the Candies?
I noticed they really match your bike!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Nice pics folks, I am off to take some of my own right now!!! Maiden voyage with new camera gear, this could get interesting!!!:)

Congrats on the benchmark!

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Rob, I noticed the ring on your left hand. You know you're suppossed to take that off BEFORE dates with Beth if you want to keep her from knowing about your double life. There's rules to being married AND having a girlfriend. ;)

But congrats just the same!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
kizzi77 said:
Rob, I noticed the ring on your left hand. You know you're suppossed to take that off BEFORE dates with Beth if you want to keep her from knowing about your double life. There's rules to being married AND having a girlfriend. ;)

haha...actually we both wear the same ring

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Beth, did you get to use the Candies?
I noticed they really match your bike!!
They were great! Took a little time to get used to the stiffness of them in terms of clipping in and out, but I liked the versitility and how mud doesn't affect them at all :thumb: Thanks again, man.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
kizzi77 said:

I take it off when I go to the bars up in Seneca Falls and pick up the Chiro school chicks there. I leave it on when I'm visiting Beth. ;)

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
robdamanii said:
I take it off when I go to the bars up in Seneca Falls and pick up the Chiro school chicks there. I leave it on when I'm visiting Beth. ;)
Good to know it's not a "promise ring"....then I'd REALLY have to make fun of you :p

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
nice pics guys and congrats again on the 2 years.!!!! Im looking forward to meeting up with you and stosh over the summer, ive heard steward is some good riding!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
They were great! Took a little time to get used to the stiffness of them in terms of clipping in and out, but I liked the versitility and how mud doesn't affect them at all :thumb: Thanks again, man.
Thats awesome, I'm glad you liked them. I'm hoping to have my ZION fully together by the weekend. I want to do a quick ride Saturday morning locally on it if the weather is good.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Thats awesome, I'm glad you liked them. I'm hoping to have my ZION fully together by the weekend. I want to do a quick ride Saturday morning locally on it if the weather is good.
Sweet!

It felt SO good to get out and ride on Sat., even though I'm still a little sore today.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:
How far did you ride ? to make you that sore.

or was it because you gottired trying to keep up with Speedy Rob ?
We went about 8mi. and did some good climbs. I think the soreness came from pushing through mud as well as a fall in the mud that twisted my leg.